PDA

View Full Version : advanced driving

RIVAL
18-02-2007, 09:56 PM
hey eveyone just wanted to know if there are any schools for track driving, like proper racing not take my car down to the track for a day. i wanna try starting of small like a formula ford cars which if i can remember arnt tooooo fast. i live in adelaide which i highly doubt there is a school for that all i know there is a drift school at malalha:thumbdwn:

aaronng
18-02-2007, 10:23 PM
hey eveyone just wanted to know if there are any schools for track driving, like proper racing not take my car down to the track for a day. i wanna try starting of small like a formula ford cars which if i can remember arnt tooooo fast. i live in adelaide which i highly doubt there is a school for that all i know there is a drift school at malalha:thumbdwn:
Starting small means starting at competitive karting. Formula Ford is not starting small. :)
But check out your local CAMS branch and ask them what is involved to start racing competitively.

RIVAL
18-02-2007, 11:03 PM
karting is good enough lol thnx

aaronng
18-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Once you do well in competitive karting (they are HEAPS fast), then those in formula ford might scout you out (or you can ask for a test in their car, but no guarantee they'll entertain you unless you are the best in kart)

Drew
22-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Karts are very fast indeed. In NZ at pretty much all the tracks Karts hold the outright lap records

josh t
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
there's a difference between sprint karts and super karts though.

Superkarts run on the car tracks and hold most lap records at circuits around oz.

Sprint karts are run on kart tracks, are more competitive and have much large fields of competition.

Drew
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Still karts :P

aaronng
02-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Still karts :P

Karts are the way to get into motorsport. And once you are in motorsport, that is the best and most challenging thing a driver can do. A simple 50hp kart will beat a b16a civic. :)