PDA

View Full Version : Accord HID help

Rico
19-02-2007, 11:18 AM
hey guys before I buy an hid kit, just wondering how does it all add up,

cause i have new headlights right and they only take D2R sized globes, now I'm about to purchase an HID kit with D2R globes, so I know the globes will fit the headlights but I'm not sure if they'll fit my accord.
Do I have to connect the wires coming from the accord into the ballast and have them modified to fit them or do the HID kits come with other wires that connect elsewhere and I disregard the original wires.
Just need to know this as im not sure if a D2R HID kit will be able to be used in my CD5 accord.

If you can understand that...

Riviera
19-02-2007, 02:58 PM
u may have to do the re-wiring

aaronng
19-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Best is to use the existing wiring only to trigger the on and off, and to run new wiring direct from the battery to the ballast as the power supply. That way, you don't run the risk of overloading and melting the existing wiring during startup which requires quite a bit more juice than halogens.

Rico
19-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah thats what my mates told me, where can you pick up wire that can withstand this type of power?

aaronng
19-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah thats what my mates told me, where can you pick up wire that can withstand this type of power?

It should be normal single core power cable. Get it from Jaycar.

Rico
19-02-2007, 06:43 PM
cheers, thanks heaps for the help.

aaronng
19-02-2007, 06:44 PM
No problem!