PDA

View Full Version : need a system , Pioneer headunit and speakers help~

BC8
19-02-2007, 07:49 PM
hey guys
i need to get set of speakers into my integra vtir that I just bought
its currently got stock speakers in the front and dont have rear 6x9 so im planning to get some to cover the 2 gaps
Dont have a headunit so im opting for a Pioneer Headunit prefably the $280 ish one from JB Hi Fi/Strathfield with OEL display animation.
What type of setup should I be looking at?
I would like to concentrate the sound in the front rather than rear and also plan to get subwoofer later
However, for the time being i just want to grab a set of Rears and Headunit or should I wait and go all out .

pkb0i
19-02-2007, 07:55 PM
if u want to concentrate on the front, get some splits and maybe just the sub at the back. dun fink u will need 6x9s at the back, but get 6 inch ones, as the sub would do most of the base for u. i got the pioneer headunit for $280 on ebay, the blue OEL display animation one.it was worth $520 at JB. so ebay is pretty alrite.

Fr3aKi3
19-02-2007, 08:22 PM
if u want to concentrate on the front, get some splits and maybe just the sub at the back. dun fink u will need 6x9s at the back, but get 6 inch ones, as the sub would do most of the base for u. i got the pioneer headunit for $280 on ebay, the blue OEL display animation one.it was worth $520 at JB. so ebay is pretty alrite.

There are a few concerns with getting headunits off ebay. Firstly they're most likely to be parallel imports, so basically if something goes wrong with the headunit Pioneer will not repair it under warranty as it was not sold by an authorised seller. There may be a warranty but chances it's a "send to us and we'll take care of it", so the only person you can send it to is the person you purchased it from rather than just any store that sells pioneer to get it covered under warranty. Then there's the whole thing about not supporting the local industry.

Will you just be running all the speakers just from the headunit or are you planning to add an amp later on? If you're just going to use the headunit to power the speakers then i'd just concentrate on getting some quality front speakers and move the front 6" to the rear. The rears are 6x9's but with some mdf and about 30minutes of your time you can get the 6" in there.

BC8
19-02-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah im planning to get an amplifier later
but for the time being i just need a headunit hooked up with some rear speakers. its a pain without music haha

Fr3aKi3
20-02-2007, 07:14 AM
lol... but you've already got speakers at the front.

In any case it's best to plan the whole system and purchase whats needed in stages rather than just getting what you can afford for the time being as in the long run you'll just end up spending more money to get the system to sound the way you want it.

BC8
20-02-2007, 11:34 AM
what i meant is hook up the fronts already on the car and a set of rear speakers plus headunit.
amp and subwoofer later.

Fr3aKi3
20-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Planning just to amp the sub only or the speakers as well?
Any prospects of upgrading the front speakers?

BC8
20-02-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah going to ugrade the fronts too
and plan to amp the speakers later

bevis90
20-02-2007, 09:54 PM
have you found your headunit

buzz
21-02-2007, 03:24 PM
well best is to make sure how many watts your front speakers are so you can match it up with you headunit. Same with the rear speakers if you are going to run all speakers off the head unit make sure that it all matches up.

For later on its still the best to stick with a smaller speaker in the rear which gives you lots of top end frequencies as when you get a sub the low end is going to be pointless.

Just always keep in mind that you are going to upgrade later, so what you buy now has to also be good when you upgrade to amps and that so you arent wasting your money down the track.

Brands to look out for, for speakers are MB quartz, Fusion, polk audio, alpine, and pioneer.

Head units look at Alpine and pioneer. Alpine is my choice at the moment but i have a pioneer at the moment

hope it helps

BC8
21-02-2007, 08:13 PM
ok guys
well this is what i ended up with today

- pioneer 5850 headunit with the OEL display
- MTX Audio Rear Speakers (3-way)

hooked everything up including the OEM front speakers
the sound of the rears are pretty good for what it's worth
compared it to pioneer, JBL and a set of sony xplodes in that range and picked up the MTX 6x9.
Overall, the sound is focused on the rear because the front are not very noticable.
Going up upgrade the front speakers within the week. Should I get a pair of higher watts ?
Also, going to amp it later because i have to get it pumpin on high 30's volume

swinno
24-02-2007, 08:59 PM
if you are running the speakers off the head unit alot of the time they wont be running anywhere near as good as they should. Usually they will put out around 17 rms and i would say any decent 6" wud have a rating of around 40+. If you pump them to hard they will just distort bad. Buy yourself a cheap 50w rms x 2/4 and let that run your speakers. I guarantee u will be much more satisfied with the quality. :D

-tim

vtegra
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM
just get splits at the front and normal set of good speakers at the bak. that will b good enuff. and if u want get urself an 8" sub

pkb0i
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
if u want pretty good sound at 30 volume...should just get an amp and hook the speakers to that..the headunit wouldn't have enough power.get some splits at the front. jaycar audio is not bad if ur on a budget.

BC8
06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
need to get rid of the oem front speakers
anyone know what size fits on the front for dc2 vtir?

pkb0i
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
i think 6", anything fits if u customise it.

andiiso
19-03-2007, 01:39 PM
anyone know what fits the civic vtir? ek4 front and rear speaker size

pkb0i
19-03-2007, 03:50 PM
should be 6.5" for the front, i did it for my eg, and it was direct bolt on for the splits...careful that the speakers dont hit the bottom of ur windows when u wind them all the way down.so u probably need to make a frame.

MrVi3t
06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
I recommend you get splits at the front and amp it man cause if you want a decent quality of splits you need decent power for them. I got apline type r splits and the minimal is 70wrms to power them..and on another note be sure that to measure the depth of your doors to see if they fit the specs of your speakers cause l had a problem with the splits had to get custom spacers for them magnet was too thick and was hittin the windows

pintara
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I think the rear speaker sound more better because it is a 6/9 type, while you got the stock for front. Wattage means nothin unless you want the speaker to pump hard the low freq. What I suggest is to get a decent split for your front, them hook those up to an amp. You'll see the difference. Run it active since you got 5850, so you get more control on the sound reproduction.