PDA

View Full Version : dc5 spring help

ToFuBoi
20-02-2007, 12:11 AM
i got defected by the police in my dc5.. when i took it down there the dude jacked it up pretty high and said my front springs "popped out" and when he lowerd it back down said it "popped back in again".. he said this was a serious problem and told me to go get it fixed.. anyways i have what i believe to be king springs in the front..

my questions are firstly is the popping in and out of the spring due to lifting the car up "normal" with these aftermarket springs?..

secondly my options are to obviously put back on my stocko springs and i'll be fine with that but either way in future i'd want it dumped again so was thinking another set of springs.. would anyone reccomend any that would properly fit (assuming that popping in/out problem is due to incorrect springs)

Spicey
20-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Springs that aren't captive at full suspension travel are illegal! I would have thought if the springs were bought straight from a company and weren't modified (cut) they should be captive!?

Did you buy the springs brand new or are they hand-me-downs???

Cr@ckerJ@ck
20-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah I think theres another issue at hand with your sussy!
I got king springs installed years ago in my 03 dc5r by Fulcrum, never had a problem like that and it's been a joy to driver ever since.