PDA

View Full Version : ABS light and noise HELP !

BC8
21-02-2007, 08:21 PM
hey guys
I bought an integra vtir just recently
bought it and had the ABS light on always when engine was running

just today, I realised a mechanical or somewhat motorised noise whilst the ABS was turned off.
After oberservation, a minute after the ABS light switched back on without that weird noise.
I know this ABS has been covered before and its related to the ECU or somewhat but it seems my situation is different and only started having problems today and noticed a little leak of oil (seems to be engine oil)
For the period I've owned it up until now, my garage floor has been spotless
After installing my headunit and speakers today, it seems that shouldnt be the issue right?

thanks

jdmTYPE R
21-02-2007, 09:48 PM
have a look at the abs fuse box there is a thick white wire coming out of it check it that is connected to the battery....if that isnt connected or have power runing through it the abs will light up

Hongtegra
18-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Thread revival please :)

The same happens on my DC2 VTIR, the noise sounds like a electric motor gears activating near the front of the drivers side in engine bay (bit like a "Eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", very unpredictable when the noise occurs, sometimes after braking, sometimes stopped at the lights, sometimes I think it's to do with how level the car is. The ABS light sometimes comes on and stays on for an indeterminable amount of time.

Could it be related to the fluid levels in the braking system? That's fed into the ABS system too right? I notice the brakes are increasingly stiffer and not as progressive as it once was too. I will check for leaks when I can. Is it an easy fix I can do myself? Do I need to bleed the brakes and refill with new liquid?

Any help is appreciated, I have tried searching for the right thread for this on the forums, and this is the closest thread I can find. Thank you.

Mattski_VTIR
19-07-2011, 10:18 AM
^^ hey mate,
what year model dc2 is it?? if its an early model and it has the old style abs unit, this is a very common problem. The noise is the accumulator (pump) trying to prime, it should do this when the car is turned on initially. But is loosing pressure by the sound of it if it keeps priming.
You will need to check the codes in the car to determine the exact reason for the light coming on (but i would say they are related)
The older abs unit requires to be bled seperate from the normal braking system (bleed nipple on abs unit, and fluid resevour), were as the newer style self bleeds when the brakes are bled.
You can do this your self, but might not get rid of the problem.
I have a fair bit of early model dc2 abs gear, sensors, pumps and control units. So PM me if you need any parts or more advise.
good luck!!

Hongtegra
19-07-2011, 10:55 AM
@ Mattski_VTIR

Thank you very much for your detailed reply to my question, now I know what the name of that noise is, it's the accumulator pump :) I believe it's a 1995 build, I will double check the plate tonight. You're right about the pump priming when the car turns on initially.

I have obtained the workshop manual and am reading through it to familiarise myself with this car, slowly building up my knowledge and also my forum search skills haha. Thanks for your offer on the dc2 abs gear, fingers crossed here I don't need to replace anything, but considering it's a 16 year old car I am preparing myself for the inevitable :D

Thanks again.

Evok
01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey, old thread but i also have the same problem, 1995 model as well,
before a while ago it came up and i just filled it with more fluid, it went away but today it suddenly appeared

I took the top off and it continously made the noise "EEERRR" but abs light was turned off?

When i put the lid back on and top it off, it turned back on.

:/

DC5FTW
18-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Mattski_VTIR Nice reply.

pe45678
18-06-2012, 09:13 PM
problems solved?