PDA

View Full Version : alloy wheels nuts

ryanc
21-02-2007, 09:45 PM
hi all

just purchased my civic, and was guna get charged an extra $100 for the nuts that go on the alloys

at the time i thought that these were noway near worth that much money so i thought i could perhaps go buy them after i bought the car

i have no idea at all when it comes to cars, but what i want to ask is:

when i get my hands on the nuts to fit in the holes, is it easy to install just by screwing it in? or is it more complicated than that?

i found a few ebay stores that apparnatly sell these, however im not sure about installation of them

regards,
ryan

rhk
21-02-2007, 09:48 PM
cant you use the nuts from the steelies?

either way im pretty sure its the same as changing any tyre/wheel.

tRipitaka
21-02-2007, 10:03 PM
if you get nuts, just make sure you get the M12x1.5 ones

ryanc
21-02-2007, 10:07 PM
how do i install them?

sorry if its a really obvious question... have no experience with cars at all.. first car ever :P

tRipitaka
21-02-2007, 10:20 PM
how do i install them?

sorry if its a really obvious question... have no experience with cars at all.. first car ever :P

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54028

ryanc
22-02-2007, 07:50 PM
o ok .. damn it looks a little complicated

maybe next time i get my tyres replaced i can ask them to install the nuts for me (hope it doesnt look too weird with holes in there for the time being)

[ricer]
22-02-2007, 07:58 PM
are u serious man?
issert the wheels with the really small nut holes where you have to use the nuts that need like an allen key attachment?

well anyway new nuts are like $50 max from autobarn/supercheap/repco stores

tRipitaka
22-02-2007, 08:00 PM
o ok .. damn it looks a little complicated

maybe next time i get my tyres replaced i can ask them to install the nuts for me (hope it doesnt look too weird with holes in there for the time being)

it's not as complicated as it looks..

you should really learn how to do it, just in case you get a flat tyre or something..

ryanc
23-02-2007, 10:08 PM
are u serious man?
issert the wheels with the really small nut holes where you have to use the nuts that need like an allen key attachment?

well anyway new nuts are like $50 max from autobarn/supercheap/repco stores

yep the small holes... how to put it in? do i really have to take the whole tyre apart?

crxdude
23-02-2007, 10:40 PM
yep the small holes... how to put it in? do i really have to take the whole tyre apart?

ok go to a tyre store and ask them you need 12x1.5 nuts, show them what kinda of wheel you have because different buts are for different wheels, your shouldent be paying more then 50$ for a set,

If you live in SYdney ill be more then happy to help and get you what u need and i will put them on because i work at a tyre store,

100$ is way to much to be paying for nuts