PDA

View Full Version : SRI system....which set-up?????

Honda_EG5VTi
21-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey ppl,

Im starting to mod my car up but i cant decide on the type of SRI system set up for my civic. I was finkin either:

1. Construct a aluminum pipe that joins onto the factory rubber hosing and place a pod filter on the end of the aluminum pipe and remove the factory airbox, resonantor etc. or...

2. Buy a full SRI system which i need to remove all factory air box items inculding the rubber hosing(ezy removal) and place the new intake piping plus pod filter there. I found a SRI system at Autojoy in parra wif pod filter buh dere askin $175!!!:thumbdwn:

Heres the link for the full SRI system...(jus scroll down till you see 92-95 civic intake pipe)
http://www.autojoy.com.au/product/part/pm_ae_ip.htm

If anyone knows where i can get the same SRI pipe product that is selling at autoyjoy buh cheaper i would appreciate it heaps...

Also i need to know wat would be 'louder' of the two SRI system set ups and how much would it approx. cost to build a heatshield for either of the SRI system set ups???

Plz note that im on a budget buh if its worth payin alot for the full SRI system den im willing to pay the price aslong as i dont have to come back later to it later on......any suggestions any1???:p

Oh btw i have a EG5 civic with a d16Y1 motor if dat helps....

aaronng
21-02-2007, 11:03 PM
You won't get gains with the exposed pod. So an enclosure is a must. That enclosure won't be cheap if it is custom made. And $175 for a full SRI is cheap. My aluminium pipe to the factory rubber pipe + pod cost me $275.

EG5[KRT]
21-02-2007, 11:42 PM
id just use the stock air box with a panel filter K&n

and remove resonator and install a cold air feed...

BiLL|z0r
22-02-2007, 06:41 AM
I 2nd that idea of EG5[KRT]'s

Honda_EG5VTi
23-02-2007, 04:56 PM
You won't get gains with the exposed pod. So an enclosure is a must. That enclosure won't be cheap if it is custom made. And $175 for a full SRI is cheap. My aluminium pipe to the factory rubber pipe + pod cost me $275. How much u reckon i'd have to pay for the heatshield?? outta curiosity cos i was finkin towards a similiar heatshield construction as the DIY heatshield thread made by "RMN15N" in the DIY section....

aaronng
23-02-2007, 05:28 PM
How much u reckon i'd have to pay for the heatshield?? outta curiosity cos i was finkin towards a similiar heatshield construction as the DIY heatshield thread made by "RMN15N" in the DIY section....

DIY is cheapest as you don't count the cost of labour. And labour is the most expensive cost for a hand made heatshield.