PDA

View Full Version : Using Cruise Control on DC5R?

obsessionz
22-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Sorry guys this might be a noob question but don't think my cruise control works :confused: .. how exactly do you get this function to work?

Don't have the book wit me at this moment... if anyone can explain it to me in steps would be awesome thanks... :thumbsup:

bakaduo
22-02-2007, 12:29 PM
ummmm sorry to burst your bubble dude, but cruise control is only for automatic cars, and since DC5R are manual so unfortunately it shouldn't work in the first place...

Kazaf
22-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I have cruise control in my DC2R.
Dont know if they have a simular system as your DC5R.

I turn it on with a switch, and when I travel at the desired speed I press the button which will settle at the speed I was on.

obsessionz
22-02-2007, 12:43 PM
ummmm sorry to burst your bubble dude, but cruise control is only for automatic cars, and since DC5R are manual so unfortunately it shouldn't work in the first place...

Car comes with cruise control get with the times lol ...

obsessionz
22-02-2007, 01:39 PM
anyone know? i went through the book couldn't find nothing ...

Q_ball
22-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Afaik, cruise control is all engaged the same way...

Drive up to the speed that you want to be on, press the button, and the car will hold the speed for you.
Cruise control is turned off when u brake or accelerate.

obsessionz
22-02-2007, 01:44 PM
tried light comes on but doesn't seem to be working?? unless im doing something wrong? theres another 2 buttons ..

aaronng
22-02-2007, 01:56 PM
tried light comes on but doesn't seem to be working?? unless im doing something wrong? theres another 2 buttons ..

There should be 3 buttons. One to restore/accelerate, one to set/decelerate and another to cancel. So make sure you press the set/decelerate one.

aaronng
22-02-2007, 01:57 PM
My manual Euro comes with a FACTORY Honda cruise control system. :)

air23box
24-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Cruise control is design for both manual and Auto cars....not just Autos.....do some research b4 post up wrong information......

There should be 3 buttons. One to restore/accelerate, one to set/decelerate and another to cancel. So make sure you press the set/decelerate one.

Every Cruise control should have 3 buttons as aaronng said.....but there should be another button for turning it on or off....before you can use it....the different between auto and manual is with auto....when you set a speed and if the car dun have enough power it will down gear to get back to ur set speed.....but for manual it will just turn itself off to avoid engine stall.....hope that helpls....

aaronng
24-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Every Cruise control should have 3 buttons as aaronng said.....but there should be another button for turning it on or off....before you can use it....the different between auto and manual is with auto....when you set a speed and if the car dun have enough power it will down gear to get back to ur set speed.....but for manual it will just turn itself off to avoid engine stall.....hope that helpls....
Not all of them have an on/off button. Our Astra with the factory cruise control has the 3 buttons but no on/off. It is on permanently.

jdmlvn
24-02-2007, 03:18 PM
no wayyy, since when did the dc5r come with cruise control ?

does the '02 ones come with it?

aaronng
24-02-2007, 03:23 PM
no wayyy, since when did the dc5r come with cruise control ?

does the '02 ones come with it?

It's probably aftermarket.

obsessionz
24-02-2007, 03:50 PM
they come with cruise control ... mines an 01 DC5R lol and has it...

matt
24-02-2007, 04:06 PM
they definately do not come with cruise control, was not an option for it from honda listed in any of the info about the DC5R. teh previous owner prolly just had it fitted aftermarket....

obsessionz
24-02-2007, 04:09 PM
its on the steering wheel dude its a stock dc5r steering wheel lol ...

aaronng
24-02-2007, 05:49 PM
its on the steering wheel dude its a stock dc5r steering wheel lol ...

It's aftermarket fitted to the side of the steering wheel. It is not in 1 piece with the steering wheel like a stock unit would be.

Kazaf
25-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Read the manual, if the manaul discuss cruise control then it came as an option. If not then it's probably aftermarket.

My DC2R had cruise control as an option.

dyljoy
27-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't think this function come with DC5R as standard even as a option, but i hope it does

maracer
27-02-2007, 08:44 AM
It must be an aftermarket one.
None of the DC5R’s came out with cruise control, unless it’s an USDC5 RSX which has this option.

Lucas
12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Be sure your foot left is not touching the clutch when you press the SET button. The clutch disables the Cruise Control even if it's not fully pressed.

Dr.k20z1
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
ok i got cruise control... so yeahh

like the guy above me..

do not i repeat! do not put ur foot on the clutch.. just let it roll at the desired speed! and press the top button, if im assuming you got the same factory system like mine.

so take ur foot off the clutch completely and ur done.. you can either adjust the speed by pressing the lowest button to bring the speed down... or you can tap the brakes and it will stop the cruise and just go back to normal driving!

let me know if u have any other questions!

skinNiie
13-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I have cruise control as well on my stock 2001 dc5r

Webby_roller
13-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Just have a quick check to see if your cruise control motor is getting power...

If that dosent work see if the cable is even attached to your throttle body..

That would be the first thing i would check atm...

If that dosent work it could be the set button of the system not operating properly.... just a couple of things to check..

good luck

Zinyo
13-09-2009, 12:37 PM
its an aftermarket cruise control dude...

FR33K
14-09-2009, 11:26 PM
i have cruise control too... 01 model DC5R..it must have been a dealer (aftermarket option) as mine was installed with the car when purchased... works really well.