PDA

View Full Version : leaking fluid

IAMVTEC
23-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I scraped the bottom of my car. its now leaking a fluid, it smells like water. Would just be the radiator leaking? Thanks for help.

mrwillz
23-02-2007, 11:47 AM
so what does water smell like

Muzz
23-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Could very easily just be the air conditioning dripping (perfectly normal), infact, i bet it is. Theres nothing that holds water which is down low enough in the car to scrape on the ground. On rare occasions i notice a very small puddle on the ground, its just the aircon. Where abouts are the drips hitting the ground?

Btw, it smells like water?
What does water smell like? lol.

panda[cRx]
23-02-2007, 12:54 PM
you shouldnt have hit anything with your cooling system, and coolant has a very distincting smell so i doubt it's coolant

oil, well you should know what oil looks/smells like

what colour is the fluid? if its clear it will just be your aircon runoff. it's been quite hot recently. we've been getting ALOT of people calling up recently telling us their car is leaking water when it is only their aircon lol

aaronng
23-02-2007, 02:48 PM
If you were using your aircond previously, then it is condensation. It smells like water because it is WATER!

What you can do to confirm is put a piece of white paper to soak it up. If it is green/blue, it is coolant. If it is black/brown, it is engine oil. If it is red, it's AT fluid. If it is clear, it's water.

panda[cRx]
25-02-2007, 04:48 PM
i'm guessing by the lack of reply it was your a/c? :p