PDA

View Full Version : all fixed. please del

XP02ED
23-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey guys having problem, my amp doesnt seem to turn on..

i got this amp :

http://www.pioneer.com.au/productdetails/car_entertainment/Amplifiers/GM6200F/additional_information.html

Basically it has 3 plugs right

Power
Ground
System Control

I direct connect to power and ground tested with tester to see if power going through it is.. but the amp aint switching on?

am i missing something?

Do i have to connect System Control to anything?

Fr3aKi3
23-02-2007, 12:59 PM
The headunit should have a "remote" or "trigger" wire, this connects to the System Control. It's basically the cable to tell the amp to turn on. Just make you that the cable you use is not the antenna trigger cable otherwise the amp will only turn on when you use the radio.

destrukshn
23-02-2007, 02:33 PM
have you even connect that system control wire?

XP02ED
23-02-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks freakie,

wonder which wire it is on my head unit, dont have instructions nemore LOL

i think its the yellow one,

Int3gra-T
24-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Blue wire is remote wire,

dont let it touch anything please.
lol
ull probably blow your amp up.
ive found if u dont know what your doing with stereo installs dont do it at all,
just pay someone..

XP02ED
24-02-2007, 10:33 AM
lol, im a DIY maen :D

hmmm blue wire on the head unit? with the fat metal piece on the end?

put it this way.. on the head unit theres speaker wires.. ground and positive..

yellow wire, and blue wire with fat thing on the head.. its either one of those.. i got a pioneer head unit as well! dont think it will blow the amp if theres a fuse between

teaseR
24-02-2007, 11:15 AM
sure is the blue one with the fat wire

if u wanna test out to see if ur amp is working.... on the amp.. theres power(+), ground (-), and remote. hook up the remote with the power and + on battery, ground - to the battery and there should be power.

XP02ED
24-02-2007, 11:17 AM
ooo thats what i was thinking,

hook system, and power to battery + and ground it

any1 known for pioneer systems which wire is the remote wire? as my remote aintr working LOL

EDIT : found a cool link http://forum.carstereos.org/pioneer-wiring-loom-t60441.html?

hmmm now i gta figure out why my remote aint working :S

GOt another question.

see how the head unit has 2 RCA outputs and the amp has 2 inputs and 1 output..

can i use the RCA plugs as the output audio to amp instead of using wires?

zorrt
24-02-2007, 05:39 PM
measure the wires on the HU. The one that read ~12v when your HU switches on is your remote. Pioneer is I thnk blue with white stripe or something. Measure just to be sure. And yes ur RCA question.

swinno
24-02-2007, 08:56 PM
My pioneers remote wire is blue, i think they are all. Dont quote me on that :D Hope u didnt blow your amp, a mate blew his kenwood by doing a dodgey DIY jo b :<

gl with it mate.

tim

Int3gra-T
24-02-2007, 08:59 PM
those blue wires the big ones with the thing at the end..
there your RCA cables..

your thin blue cable..
thats your remote cable..

XP02ED
25-02-2007, 11:01 AM
hghhaha yeh i got it all working..

although not my remote, dont seem to have a blue wire as the only blue one was the system remote connecting to amp..

tron07
27-02-2007, 09:43 AM
For testing purpose, just hook up a 12v to the amp remote and it will switch on....