PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Upgrade for EURO

sendok
23-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi All,

I just fit an alarm upgrade for my euro. What I meant by Alarm Upgrade is that Euro's got armed, disarmed, and trunk release in the key. So, with alarm upgrade we dont need additional alarm remote, we using the factory key remote instead. When I do research, I found these brands:

1. VIPER
2. Mongoose
3. Clifford
4. Code Alarm

They are good alarms as mentioned in couple websites. They provide alarm upgrades compatible with car immobilizer. They also got additional feature that allow paging via SMS to your mobile (with extra system).
They all got pretty much same features and the prices are not big differences one another. They got backup battery that allows the alarm sound even the main battery off.

At last, I'm using one of them already now, and I'm happy with it.. You can get a better quote on Car Insurance if you put Mongoose alarm installed.

Cheers..

Euro1011
23-02-2007, 01:06 PM
That's good to know that you can still use the existing key. Around what price are the alarms? Will I be looking arnd the $200 mark?

tony1234
23-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi All,

I just fit an alarm upgrade for my euro. What I meant by Alarm Upgrade is that Euro's got armed, disarmed, and trunk release in the key. So, with alarm upgrade we dont need additional alarm remote, we using the factory key remote instead. When I do research, I found these brands:

1. VIPER
2. Mongoose
3. Clifford
4. Code Alarm

They are good alarms as mentioned in couple websites. They provide alarm upgrades compatible with car immobilizer. They also got additional feature that allow paging via SMS to your mobil (with extra system).
They all got pretty much same features and the prices are not big differences one another. They got backup battery that allows the alarm sound even the main battery off.

At last, I'm using one of them already now, and I'm happy with it.. You can get a better quote on Car Insurance if you put Mongoose alarm installed.

Cheers..
That's int.which alarm have you got and how much was it?:)

aaronng
23-02-2007, 02:37 PM
That's good to know that you can still use the existing key. Around what price are the alarms? Will I be looking arnd the $200 mark?

Usually above $500.

sendok
23-02-2007, 02:41 PM
That's int.which alarm have you got and how much was it?:)

i use *** upgrade.. it cost me around $500-$600, coz i put some extra on like siren (small, extra) and sensors.. :D

Bayani
23-02-2007, 04:43 PM
There's the TRANS model by Rhino.

3-Point Immobiliser. It's a variant from the the RAv2 System from Rhino, except it's specifically for cars that have a factory remote :P

It's NRMA approved; and made to Australian Standards ( All Australian Standard Approved models *SHOULD* allow for lower premiums -- depending on whom you're with for insurance :) )

Sendok, sounds to me you got a cabin peizo installed :P
And did you get Microwave sensors? or a Tilt Sensor?

sendok
26-02-2007, 10:22 AM
There's the TRANS model by Rhino.

3-Point Immobiliser. It's a variant from the the RAv2 System from Rhino, except it's specifically for cars that have a factory remote :P

It's NRMA approved; and made to Australian Standards ( All Australian Standard Approved models *SHOULD* allow for lower premiums -- depending on whom you're with for insurance :) )

Sendok, sounds to me you got a cabin peizo installed :P
And did you get Microwave sensors? or a Tilt Sensor?

Yeah it should allow for lower premiums :D

I got few sensors.. but not the tilt one.. lolz.. is it work really accurate?

tron07
26-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Planing to add when I add car audio stuffs.... Dont really like mongoose, prefer Clifford or Code Alarm, but so far didnt see any shop selling em. Most also carry Mongoose.

m3ntAL_l2
26-02-2007, 04:55 PM
i just bought this alarm made in Korean $270. called omnitronic dont know if u heard of it
http://caralarm.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008801110647/pdtl/Car-alarm/1002646674/Two-way-Car-Alarm-System.htm
spose to b good :/

Bayani
26-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah it should allow for lower premiums :D

I got few sensors.. but not the tilt one.. lolz.. is it work really accurate?

Some are, I would expect it would depend what sort of tilt sensor you got.

For isntance, we have digital sensors that 'save' the angle of your car as X & Y Axis. If your care is moved more than few degrees from that point, the alarm will be triggered. Some use different methods, ours is Digital.

Bayani
26-02-2007, 10:58 PM
i just bought this alarm made in Korean $270. called omnitronic dont know if u heard of it
http://caralarm.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008801110647/pdtl/Car-alarm/1002646674/Two-way-Car-Alarm-System.htm
spose to b good :/

Also Illegal in NSW -- Remote Start.

I'm also not a fan in the fact it uses an FM Modulation for the transceiver. That's just not secure.

lilwilliam
26-02-2007, 11:12 PM
aint it only illegal to have remote start in manual cars. but its alrite for automatic.?

tron07
27-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I wonder if remote start will cause trouble in the Euro or not? Over cranking or under cranking

sendok
28-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Some are, I would expect it would depend what sort of tilt sensor you got.

For isntance, we have digital sensors that 'save' the angle of your car as X & Y Axis. If your care is moved more than few degrees from that point, the alarm will be triggered. Some use different methods, ours is Digital.

Yes i know tilt sensor does that. so it will prevent somebody to jack your car and steal your wheels right?

and for the remote start, i'm not a fans of that as well, insecure and not useful for me :D

tron07
28-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes i know tilt sensor does that. so it will prevent somebody to jack your car and steal your wheels right?

and for the remote start, i'm not a fans of that as well, insecure and not useful for me :D

Not only that, it prevent some fella from sitting on your car:)

However if the alarm is a 2 stage one, it would even be better, give a warning beep first instead of blaring off at the slight touch/vibration.

sendok
28-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Not only that, it prevent some fella from sitting on your car:)

However if the alarm is a 2 stage one, it would even be better, give a warning beep first instead of blaring off at the slight touch/vibration.

Yup2..

i think the alarm nowadays already got the 2 stage one.. and they have a set time to turn off noise so it's not drink your battery! :D

tron07
28-02-2007, 09:59 AM
The chepaer mongoose are 1 stage, forgot about the rerst as I had chuck the catalogs, cause I dont like em.

sendok
28-02-2007, 11:48 AM
The chepaer mongoose are 1 stage, forgot about the rerst as I had chuck the catalogs, cause I dont like em.

mongoose got the one with 2 stage.

what alarm do u use bro?

Bayani
28-02-2007, 04:03 PM

you threw away the alarms that are better than yours? o.0 lol

tron07
28-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Dont have alarm with my euro yet.... got Avital Tornado II with my previous car (overseas)... was looking at alarm for my EJ1, that was before I decided to sell the car.

I chuck the catalogs... if you want em, I can get some for you :D

BusterSonic12
28-02-2007, 06:40 PM
so which alarm brand are more recommended, ozhonda-ers? because i m planning on upgrading my alarm system. The tilt sensor seem quite nice to have, what other gadgets are there that's also useful?

EuroAccord13
28-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Mine's an upgrade from OEM that still uses my remote key...

Done by Expert Installs which I have used for all my cars.. Cheap and effective with shock sensor... (Vision System)

The thing is, alarms will not prevent people from breaking into your car, it merely acts as a deterrant. Even with a 2 stage system, alarms in cars are always going off for the wrong reasons (Vibration from other cars' exhaust etc) and people are already tired of it and don't give a damm about it anymore. Even with thieves breaking into a car and setting the alarm off, the people around will generally tend to think it's just another "everyday" affair...

Bayani
28-02-2007, 10:42 PM
EA13's right. People tend to not want to be involved.

Add-ons would include Microwave Sensors, Digital Tilt Sensors, Cabin Peizo (siren), and Auto Window Lifters.

Buster, PM Sent.

J-TODA
28-02-2007, 11:21 PM
aint it only illegal to have remote start in manual cars. but its alrite for automatic.?

aheemmm illegal in manual cars aye?? LOl

EuroAccord13
28-02-2007, 11:23 PM
It's illegal as long as the driver is not in the car....

The laws works in such a way that the engine cannot be running when you are not in the car but it's a grey area anyway.. I can stand outside the car with the engine running and not get a ticket for doing that...

Bayani
28-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Alarms with Remote Starts' aren't covered by Insurance, put it that way.

sendok
01-03-2007, 09:18 AM
^ Yeah2.. remote start will not effect police to fined you (coz it's unnoticeable) but insurance company will not cover..

And i forgot to mention what EA13's said with a brand VISION. They are pretty good.. :D

Alarm doesn't stop thief breaking in, just to scare them, get everybody attention, and hope that nothing lost. If you want to stop thief break in, not even coming in, bring a starving dog and put inside your car :D it'll be effective.

hahaha~

Bayani
01-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Not even you can get in! ... and the RSPCA would be on your ass. lol

EuroAccord13
01-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Best Alarm in the World - Trunk Monkey.....

Bayani
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
That's patented, y0!

sendok
01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
^ hahahah... coz i've seen many cars in shopping centers leave unattended, but there is dog at least 1 inside the car :D and it safe..

trunk_monkey 1st best, lolz..

E-Gene
30-04-2007, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=sendok;1085251
And i forgot to mention what EA13's said with a brand VISION. They are pretty good.. :D
[/QUOTE]

Hey Sendok, where did you get your alarm upgrade done in Melbourne?

sendok
01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
from AudioFX in camberwell.. :) you want get one?

E-Gene
01-05-2007, 11:17 AM
from AudioFX in camberwell.. :) you want get one?

Depends on the cost. :D

sendok
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Depends on the cost. :D

Try getting a quote first.. you will not dissapointed.. :D

pxrnm
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi, just got my Honda recently and trying to get insurance. Do you guys know if Honda Accord Euro 05 has default alarm already? if yes what is the brand of the alarm coz I can't seems to find the details.... :(

tony1234
06-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Its just a basic one,no battery backup,motion sensors,shock sensors only doors,boot,bonnet protection with car horn as siren.:(

aday
06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Its just a basic one,no battery backup,motion sensors,shock sensors only doors,boot,bonnet protection with car horn as siren.:(

The siren is actually separate to the horn (well, it sounds different - the horn sounds much better!).

tony1234
06-05-2007, 06:11 PM
The siren is actually separate to the horn (well, it sounds different - the horn sounds much better!).
Is it?It sounds like the horn to me.

sendok
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah.. upgrading always better.. and also have battery back up.. it's important.. also sensors will be enough.. the horn is already on the module in euro.. but it only sounds if the door lock suddenly open from inside when the alarm activate.. :D and there goes 2 sounds.. :D

pxrnm
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
wow.. thanks, at least it's a start if I want to get any insurance i guess.

thanks guys :thumbsup:

snYpz
20-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Regarding alarms, what do u guys suggest is best for the euro. Would u guys recommend Quiktrak?

EuroAccord13
20-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Regarding alarms, what do u guys suggest is best for the euro. Would u guys recommend Quiktrak?

If you think your car will be parked in unsafe areas and your car is very dear to you, it's worth paying for the unit, installation and monthly fees for QuikTrak :D

snYpz
20-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Well i want sth that offers fairly good protection against theft. I understand alarms don't offer full protection but just want to deter thefts once alarm goes off. Don't want an alarm system too sensitive either, especially to loud exhausts etc.
Heard a lot of praise for the Mongoose system. Does anyone recommend it?

DC5TYPER
20-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Cyclops by dynamco do upgrade alarms. They are Australian company designing aust. approval and compliance alarms. And are very affordable.

All black wiring
dual on board immobilisers
glass break sensor standard

Options:
single shock sensor
dual shock sensor
ultrasonic sensor
microwave sensor
dual microwave sensor
tilt sensor....

tony1234
21-11-2007, 06:12 AM
IMO Quiktrak is overkill for a Euro(too much$$$)on an Evo or Sti yes but it depends on your situation.There are some good alarm upgrades out in the market.The one DC5TYPER suggests seems like a good option.

sendok
21-11-2007, 08:27 AM
so many alarm nowadays change to black wiring.. :D that's seems to be interesting.. quiktrak is truly $$ but it will be worth if u gonna go everywhere anywhere with ur lovely car. :D

snYpz
21-11-2007, 12:51 PM
hmmm thanks dc5typer for the suggestion. How does the cyclops compare to the Mongoose?
Im leaning towards the Mongoose atm because it appears to be more popular...

phobolism
21-11-2007, 03:33 PM
theres a problem with an alarm being too popular u know, crooks learn how to bypass the popular brands even though they may be good or wateva, so just keep that in mind

snYpz
30-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi All,

1. VIPER
2. Mongoose
3. Clifford
4. Code Alarm

Guys,

digging up this thread again lol.

Im looking into buying the mongoose m80am or m80as. One uses microwave and the other one uses ultrasonic waves. which one is better?

Does anyone know whether i can incorporate the alarm into our existing keys or will we need to have a separate remote?

cheers!

longers
30-08-2008, 10:04 PM
you can most definately use your oem key to arm and disarm the car
microwave and ultrasonic are both very similar.
you might find that microwave alarms are easier to adjust

Crapdaz
31-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Guys,

digging up this thread again lol.

Im looking into buying the mongoose m80am or m80as. One uses microwave and the other one uses ultrasonic waves. which one is better?

Does anyone know whether i can incorporate the alarm into our existing keys or will we need to have a separate remote?

cheers!
they can use existing keys,

i was going to invest in a mongoose too and get the anti tilt sensor module.

johnnyofhk
31-08-2008, 02:40 AM
they can use existing keys,

i was going to invest in a mongoose too and get the anti tilt sensor module.

give me a call when you gonna do it :)

.QD
31-08-2008, 11:23 AM
give me a call when you gonna do it :)

you do supply and installs? coz i was looking into this too.

snYpz
31-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Im gonna get mongoose either m80g or the map80g.
Not sure which is better but i have emailed mongoose sales department so hopefully they can let me know...fngers x! :)

.QD
31-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Im gonna get mongoose either m80g or the map80g.
Not sure which is better but i have emailed mongoose sales department so hopefully they can let me know...fngers x! :)

You been to their site (http://www.mongoose.com.au/car-security/index.php?product_id=MAP80G)? MAP80G is the upgrade one.

I remember asking Autobarn I think and thats what they install. $4XX+.

snYpz
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
^ yeah thats right.

But according to the mongoose website, the MAP80 allows us to use our existing keys to activate/deactivate the alarm?
However, the mp80 looks like it has more features :S
i have emailed them waiting for their reply. Then i gotta look for somewhere good to get it installed :p

.QD
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
MP80 or M80G or am I looking in the wrong area? It might have extra feature, but maybe because it's a full alarm kit and not a factory upgrade alarm. Anyways, I'll what your email says from mongoose. But as far as I'm aware if you want you existing honda remote to work you will need the MAP80G. Isnt that what your trying to do? Just upgrade the factory honda alarm?

snYpz
01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
MP80 or M80G or am I looking in the wrong area? It might have extra feature, but maybe because it's a full alarm kit and not a factory upgrade alarm. Anyways, I'll what your email says from mongoose. But as far as I'm aware if you want you existing honda remote to work you will need the MAP80G. Isnt that what your trying to do? Just upgrade the factory honda alarm?

Yep. I want to use the existing key to activate and deactivate the alarm without having to use a separate remote.
I just talked to one of the staff at Mongoose and they said the euros need a new model called MAP70. MAP80 doesnt work in our cars for some reason.
I will call one of the distributors to get a price. I think it would be ~$450 fitted which isnt too bad.
The place is Platinum Audio in Rydalmere since ur located in Sydney too. I think they guy there is really good according to skyline forum anyhow...

snYpz
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
.QD

Just called Platinum Audio and they quoted $599 for MAP70 installed and $699 for MAP80. Not sure if the guy is 100% sure abt what he was talking about cos he said both systems are ok to use honda remote/key whereas mongoose rep said only map70.
He also advised another brand called Anti-theft which is apparently by the ppl at Quicktrak. Same price as the MAP70 at $599 fitted and he reckons 80% of the ppl there use antitheft. The antitheft has digital wiring (or sth?) which does not deactivate eventhough someone has cut the wires...he reckons its better quality than the mongoose.

Anyone else have any ideas?

lobacklauriki
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
So how crap is the stock alarm & immo in Euro? Does it meet Aus standard?
Thinking of upgrading but don't know if I should.

kelvinthai
02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
well not very crap.. just that my jazz with alarm and immo got broken into twice within a year.. generally they wont steal new car with immo... but just break the window and steal those things inside esp if u mod alot..

Am thinking of getting a bullet proof window ever since.

Anyway i am looking at getting a remote start for my 07 honda jazz. Is it better to get the entire package eg. Viper which come with everything and shutoff the factory one? Or can they work concurrently? I saw one package selling for $800... How much roughly is the installation?

Or should i only get a remote start? I know its illegal... but i dont think the cops give much damn coz i only start it in the morning to warm the car up in my Private Property. Where can i get only the remote start?

lobacklauriki
03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the info Kelvinthai. I am now leaning towards upgrading the alarm, then again I never leave my valuables in the car and my stereo is stock.

I think the remote start will affect your insurance premium in some way if I'm not wrong...