PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Bulbs for 2001 Civic GLi Sedan

cmathieu
23-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

I would like to upgrade my high and low beams bulbs for a brighter light. I've been recommended the POLARG 5000K bulb but I'm not sure as to the type of bulb my Civic uses. Also, is POLARG a good choice??

Thanks all!

Cheers,
Charles :D

clem
24-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Isnt 5000k bulb for HID kits? U might need to get a HID conversion setup before u can put those bulbs in. Other than that, there are some eBay ones around if your looking for budget, but if you want a bright light get the phillips ones at autobarn or somewhere. Your bulb size is H4 if its for a 7th gen GLi

blk05gli
24-02-2007, 11:08 PM
also change the little parker lights as well to white, little bulb between the high and low beams lenses, otherwise you will get a yellow tinge in your headlight.

akusuma
25-02-2007, 12:13 AM
I think your car should use H4 (same bulb for low and high beam).

xxx K only determines the colour, you don't have to use HID kit. You can choose whatever colour regardless using normal halogen bulbs or HID.

I tried the unbranded one and only lasted for 3 months and then I changed to Phillips. Now, it has been more than 2 years and still looks ok.

cmathieu
25-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

Looks like its a toss between the Philips and the Polarg. I've been also told that if I were to go to a 5000K light, I will lose the distance as it will be a wider light and there's also a question regarding it being street legal. Might have to stay with the 4750K or less.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Charles