PDA

View Full Version : Euro and NOS

cvetko111
23-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi guys, I have recently order wizards of nos, direct port kit for my car, with minimazer. :p Do you guys have a NITRO in your cars, and if you do have, How many power ( HP ) did you gained??? What do you think how many power I should expect??? :angel:

BusterSonic12
23-02-2007, 09:04 PM
did u seriously get nos with your euro? it's illegal dude, unless on track.. *correct me if i m wrong

yfin
23-02-2007, 09:08 PM
did u seriously get nos with your euro? it's illegal dude, unless on track.. *correct me if i m wrong

Pretty sure he is not in Australia if he has a "type s"

TypeG
23-02-2007, 09:12 PM
NOS..... why not just boost it up

Euro76
23-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I would rather do Stage 1 upgrade. NOS will shorten your engine life.

aaronng
23-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Nitrous Oxide......
NOS is a trademark. Like Tupperware and Liquidpaper.

23-02-2007, 09:33 PM
NO'2

if im not mistaken

h1coupe
23-02-2007, 09:33 PM
If nitrous is done properly it doesn´t shorten engine life any more then other performance upgrades!

what people don´t always understand is that Nitrous is just a gas that has more oxygen in it then the air that we breath so just a way of getting more fuel into the engine and therefor more power!
most wouldn´t hesitate in putting turbos or superchargers on their engines but those things do the same as nitrous only thing is turbos and superchargers run all the time but nitrous only when you want it and if done right therefor less harmful to your engine!

but about the first question. when you buy the kit it comes with Nitrous and fuel pills that determine how much power you will get and when you bought the kit it must have said how many shots(shots mean hp) it was?
and I hope you have someone who knows something about nitrous that´s helping you with the install and everything cause like all other big power adders it can be very harmful to your engine if you don´t go about it the right way!

h1coupe
23-02-2007, 09:34 PM
NO'2

if im not mistaken

almost itīs N2O

cvetko111
23-02-2007, 09:53 PM

I am not from australia, I am from EU, and in my country I can do with my engine what ever I want. There isnt any writhen law about that. I think that is the best bang for the buck. :wave:

aaronng
23-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I would rather do Stage 1 upgrade. NOS will shorten your engine life.

Proper wet shot nitrous that is within the capabilities of your injectors and cylinder walls won't reduce your engine life as much as 1 track day.

cvetko111
23-02-2007, 10:07 PM
If nitrous is done properly it doesnīt shorten engine life any more then other performance upgrades!

what people donīt always understand is that Nitrous is just a gas that has more oxygen in it then the air that we breath so just a way of getting more fuel into the engine and therefor more power!
most wouldnīt hesitate in putting turbos or superchargers on their engines but those things do the same as nitrous only thing is turbos and superchargers run all the time but nitrous only when you want it and if done right therefor less harmful to your engine!

but about the first question. when you buy the kit it comes with Nitrous and fuel pills that determine how much power you will get and when you bought the kit it must have said how many shots(shots mean hp) it was?
and I hope you have someone who knows something about nitrous thatīs helping you with the install and everything cause like all other big power adders it can be very harmful to your engine if you donīt go about it the right way!

I agree with you. I have all "fuel pills" from 25 hp to give, to 200 hp. My tuner has done "NITRO" cars many time, and all cars drive for almost 2 years withaout any mistake. I trust him because he has results behind him. He is a dealer for autronic in my country and work whith relly cars. He has all equipment for proper instalation.:D

But we dont know howe many N2O we can put in K24 engine. :confused:
We will go slow from 30 hp and up. So we will see?? Minimazer helps me in this story, because with him I think I can go with 75 hp of shot. :p
Maybe I am wrong??? I wil post up the pictures and results when the N2O starts to boost my engine. :cool:

BusterSonic12
23-02-2007, 10:12 PM
is it legal on track in aus?

aaronng
23-02-2007, 10:25 PM
is it legal on track in aus?

Having a nitrous system installed is alright as long as it is not connected up to the tank. I think that's how it is. But you can use it on the track (a bit silly though, as it is only useful on the straight).

h1coupe
23-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I think that you can put 75hp safely on the engine maybe even 100shots with proper management.

but if you get the reflash from hondata I would not go past say 30shots.

sodaz
23-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Someone in the Acurazine forum (i think it was a girl) has already put NOS in her car. Maybe you can ask her some questions?

EuroAccord13
24-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Having a nitrous set up is not legal in the car when the lines are connected.. If you are driving on public roads, just D/C the line and you'll be fine...

A 75HP wet shot system should have no problems on a stock K24 engine..If it's a dry system, I'll be worried...

I was sponsered a full system minus the tank but my missus put a veto on it and thus... sigh....

cvetko111
24-02-2007, 04:32 AM
I think that you can put 75hp safely on the engine maybe even 100shots with proper management.

but if you get the reflash from hondata I would not go past say 30shots.

Why is so bed having the reflash from hondata and the N2O?? Is it because of Timing and Cam Timing.??? I didn read it much, but I am sure that is writen somwere on hondata hompeage.

cvetko111
24-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Someone in the Acurazine forum (i think it was a girl) has already put NOS in her car. Maybe you can ask her some questions?

Thanx for the advice. I will look there.

h1coupe
24-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Why is so bed having the reflash from hondata and the N2O?? Is it because of Timing and Cam Timing.??? I didn read it much, but I am sure that is writen somwere on hondata hompeage.

yes the reflash advances timing!

but one thing Iīve been thinking about, our ecuīs are smart and they can alter timing themselfs if they detect knock they retard ignition and if you run good fuel it advances ignition. wouldnīt that mean that we should be extra safe running nitrous on the k20/24 engines or isnīt the ecu quick enough in retarding when the nitrous would hit or maybe it just wouldnīt understand whatīs going on when all that oxygen came itīs way:wave: :p .
I thought that even if we had the reflash it would also just retard ignition if it would run into some trouble?

but I did ask Doug about nitrous and he didnīt know but didnīt recommend more then 20-30shots just to be on the safe side.

cvetko111
24-02-2007, 08:30 AM
yes the reflash advances timing!

but one thing Iīve been thinking about, our ecuīs are smart and they can alter timing themselfs if they detect knock they retard ignition and if you run good fuel it advances ignition. wouldnīt that mean that we should be extra safe running nitrous on the k20/24 engines or isnīt the ecu quick enough in retarding when the nitrous would hit or maybe it just wouldnīt understand whatīs going on when all that oxygen came itīs way:wave: :p .
I thought that even if we had the reflash it would also just retard ignition if it would run into some trouble?

but I did ask Doug about nitrous and he didnīt know but didnīt recommend more then 20-30shots just to be on the safe side.

All I can say that, I will try to get best results from the nitro. I will try to answer of all that questions, and add some pictures. My tuner has all equipment for listen knock, mesure EGT and AFR, and the dyno ( maybe I forget somthing :o ). I hope for the 50 hp safe, but maybe even 75 or more. :D

aaronng
24-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Because when you drive normally without nitrous, you will need some timing advance, especially at the higher RPM at full throttle. When you use nitrous, you need to retard the timing instead. Since the stock ECU and the reflash can't be told to retard the timing when you flick that nitrous switch, you can't go too high a shot.