PDA

View Full Version : Fitting A/C ?? (DC5R)

SHIFTY
24-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I was reading up and if im correct some of the DC5R's did not come with a/c ?? (it was $2,000 option).... atm im currently looking at buying a White DC5R and one that i have found does not have A/C (to my knowlidge) so just wanted 2 know if it can be fitted if i give it in 2 a honda service department... and how much i would be looking at and if it is easy thing for them 2 do ?

or should i just hold out till i find another white one with a/c.....

ight thank pplz

TODA AU
24-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Call your local Honda dealer & ask. Should be no problem.
BTW, very few DC5's had no A/C
It too damn hot in this country to say no to it.
If you do buy the car without A/C, I'd talk the guy down by how much Honda will charge.
Else just buy another one with A/C

muhhan
24-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Agreed, unless you plan to track it hardcore and are wanting a light weight beast then best to try and get one with AC already. To give you a guide, my fiance's car had to pretty much get the entire aircon system replaced with new compressor, custom fabricated lines, and all the other parts and pieces. Dropped the car on Thursday picked it up on Monday (so was without a car for 5 days) and the cost was around the $2000 mark from memory. It definitely wasn't less than that. So would bargain the price down a lot if it didn't have AC already.

Jnr_Mint
25-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Who would buy a car these days without A/C...

nugget666
25-02-2007, 12:11 PM
how many people use there aircon though?

I'd much prefer my windows down. the only time i really use my aircon is to demist the windows.

An41
25-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I use my air con on hot days, I dont appreciate having humid air getting blown in my face on a boiling hot day.

Jnr_Mint
25-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd much prefer my windows down. the only time i really use my aircon is to demist the windows.

Yea, If thats what u like, do it, but then one day when its really warm and u turn it on, it wont work.
Air con needs to be turned on at least once a week for jus a few minutes to circulate the air inside. If you dont do this, your a/c wont last