PDA

View Full Version : My Intro

MoJo
24-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Guess I'd better introduce myself, although with having an old '84 Civic hatch you'll probably laugh me right out of here :o

My name's Mo, I live on the Gold Coast in the smart oops I mean Sunshine State.

We've had the old Civic in the family for the past 5 - 6 years, thrown 2 timing belts and I'm in the process of putting yet another 2nd hand motor into it.

It's a bit like the old family dog, it's old and senile, pisses all over the floor and you know you should get it put down. But you just don't have the heart to do it.

Seeing as it's been 2 years since I put the last motor in, I figured I'd better do a google and brush up on the heap of proverbial.............. and ended up here.

Cheers

Sensei
24-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Mo. Welcome to OzHonda. Theres nothing wrong with owning an 84 civic. Some of our members have cars much older than that (Honda Coupe 9s). A motor swap every 2 years sounds a bit weird. What kinda motor is in it now? 1.5L or 1.3L?

SiReal
24-02-2007, 04:38 PM
ooooh...nice one.. i love oldskool civics .the 84s are hot if kept in great original condition. there is actually a EW civic like yours with a K20A powerhouse swapped in (2002 Integra Type R running gear). And it is super quick.

We've got an 85 corona in the family, body is in top shape, engine literally still purrs. thanks to the efforts of my father in keep it well maintained. kudos to you for doing the same.

pepper
24-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome :cool: nothing wrong with older civics :thumbsup: I've two, picking up number one from panel beaters tomorrow

MoJo
24-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Busted timing belt/valves on the second motor was my own fault. I didn't replace it when I chucked the new/2nd hand motor in.

Spent today wrecking the bottom pulley and still didn't get the bolt out so I can put a new belt in the 1.5 litre EW2. :eek: