PDA

View Full Version : Advice - INJEN CAI

markasia
24-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey all.

Yesterday, me and my mate manage to install the injen cai. we put the front bumper back on, but i decided to take off the foglight cover on the bottom right of the bumper for more air to go through, so now its a big gap and you can see the intake.

Is this safe? Should I Put The Foglight cover back on? What other safe methods should i use for more air? how about when it rains and i wash my car?

much help is appreciated guys.

Thankyou.

aaronng
24-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey all.

Yesterday, me and my mate manage to install the injen cai. we put the front bumper back on, but i decided to take off the foglight cover on the bottom right of the bumper for more air to go through, so now its a big gap and you can see the intake.

Is this safe? Should I Put The Foglight cover back on? What other safe methods should i use for more air? how about when it rains and i wash my car?

much help is appreciated guys.

Thankyou.
You can cut slits in your foglight cover. Without the foglight cover, washing your car is fine. But if you drive through a deep puddle, you can get more water into the bumper area without the cover.

markasia
24-02-2007, 11:54 PM
You can cut slits in your foglight cover. Without the foglight cover, washing your car is fine. But if you drive through a deep puddle, you can get more water into the bumper area without the cover.

What Happens If The Intake Is Abit Wet When You Wash Your Car Because The Foglight Wasnt On? Is Dat Fine.

DLO01
25-02-2007, 12:39 AM
If the filter gets a bit wet, it is fine.

Even driving it rain is fine.

Only problem with the airfilter exposed is don't get it submerged in water, ie. big puddles, flood water etc. Also it will get dirtly more quickly because its exposed.

There other threads in regard to 'hydrolocking', do a search, have a look.....

EuroAccord13
25-02-2007, 01:59 AM
You can see how I did my DIY foggy cut-out here...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3540

markasia
25-02-2007, 02:23 AM
You can see how I did my DIY foggy cut-out here...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3540

Hell Nice....Was It Difficult To Cut It Out??

markasia
25-02-2007, 02:25 AM
If the filter gets a bit wet, it is fine.

Even driving it rain is fine.

Only problem with the airfilter exposed is don't get it submerged in water, ie. big puddles, flood water etc. Also it will get dirtly more quickly because its exposed.

There other threads in regard to 'hydrolocking', do a search, have a look.....

Thanks...atleast that makes me feel confident in leaving it exposed for a while during summer.

Would Changing it into a short ram make any difference in noise and power?

BiLL|z0r
25-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I've cut my cover the same as AccordEuro as well. Good old dremel.

aaronng
25-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks...atleast that makes me feel confident in leaving it exposed for a while during summer.

Would Changing it into a short ram make any difference in noise and power?
Short ram would be louder. But if you don't have an enclosure or a pipe to direct cold air to the filter, you would probably have less power.

EuroAccord13
25-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Hell Nice....Was It Difficult To Cut It Out??

Not really, patience is the key :)

I've cut my cover the same as AccordEuro as well. Good old dremel.

I don't know how you did it, but with my dremel, I merely melted the foggy cover and it stuck itself back together again.... I used the good ol' hand saw..

BiLL|z0r
25-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't know how you did it, but with my dremel, I merely melted the foggy cover and it stuck itself back together again.... I used the good ol' hand saw..

It melted a bit but didn't stick together. I used a cutting blade along the straights, pulled what I could out then sanded it back smooth in the corners with a round sanding bit. I can take a pic if any1 is interested.

markasia
25-02-2007, 11:31 PM
aiight guys...more problems....after me and my mate put back the front bumper after installing the injen, today at family party wen i looked at my car the inside front rear guard, was all in pieces and damage, i came home and realise that the inside wasnt correctly put back together leaving it to hang down and while driving the rims damage it.

heres a picture:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/markasia/25022007162-1.jpg

Now what should i do now? The picture isnt clear but u can see the damage a bit as the intake is now more exposed.

markasia
25-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Also when installing the injen i realise that there is a pipe sticking out, dont know if its meant to be like that or i forgot to connect something else to it, but here a picture, i circled where the pipe, and hope u guys can help me with this problem as well!! thankyou

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/markasia/25022007161.jpg

EuroAccord13
26-02-2007, 12:05 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/markasia/25022007161.jpg

The hose above the Injen Sign goes into the pipe.. Where did you connect the hose to?

EDIT: Just looked at my manual, that one is the EVAP vent hose.. It's for recycling the unburnted hydrocarbon (I think)...

markasia
26-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Then What About The Hose That Already Connected Into The Pipe Above The INjen Sign?

EuroAccord13
26-02-2007, 12:22 AM
aiight guys...more problems....after me and my mate put back the front bumper after installing the injen, today at family party wen i looked at my car the inside front rear guard, was all in pieces and damage, i came home and realise that the inside wasnt correctly put back together leaving it to hang down and while driving the rims damage it.

Now what should i do now? The picture isnt clear but u can see the damage a bit as the intake is now more exposed.

Didn't you hear the wheels rubbing against it while you were driving?

I think you'll have to buy a new one from Honda.... Unless someone hear knows of someone who can mould a new one for you... Or go ghetto style, buy a slab of rubber and stick over the hole...

EuroAccord13
26-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Then What About The Hose That Already Connected Into The Pipe Above The INjen Sign?

That hose goes to the Injen pipe and the hole that is exposed...

Now you have the hose on the Injen pipe, where did you pop the other end to?

aaronng
26-02-2007, 12:25 AM

heres a picture:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/markasia/25022007162-1.jpg

Buy a new guard from your dealer.

TypeG
26-02-2007, 10:13 AM
OMG
cant u hear anything inside the car?
the guard going to cost u quite a bit

sendok
26-02-2007, 10:16 AM
It should be a noise if the CAI looks like that.. much possibility it rubs with the tyres.. I guess you can do a customize position to make it better.. or else your fender guard will cost you some $$ ..

TypeG
26-02-2007, 10:17 AM
anyone who got the install diagram for injec? Can you please take a pix or scan it for him?

aaronng
26-02-2007, 10:21 AM
It should be a noise if the CAI looks like that.. much possibility it rubs with the tyres.. I guess you can do a customize position to make it better.. or else your fender guard will cost you some $$ ..

Nah, he probably didn't put the guard clips back properly, nor bolt it up properly at the bottom with the 2 bolts. Stuff like that can happen. The bolts might not thread in if you don't use your hand to hold the liner through the fog light cover.

sendok
26-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Nah, he probably didn't put the guard clips back properly, nor bolt it up properly at the bottom with the 2 bolts. Stuff like that can happen. The bolts might not thread in if you don't use your hand to hold the liner through the fog light cover.

Yeah it may happen.. considering the clips might not fasten properly... i realize once i put my parking lights from under.. i need to put the clips carefully until it sounds double clicks.. otherwise it will loose..

markasia: better check it up man.. with others using Injen CAI as well.. :D

markasia
26-02-2007, 11:43 AM
OMG
cant u hear anything inside the car?
the guard going to cost u quite a bit

lol...nah i couldnt hear anything inside me car....going to go and get a quote today, if not then just tell my mate to do something else to it.

Will keep you guys updated.

markasia
26-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Yeah thats probabli the best description on what happen, the picture i took above is how it looks now after i put everything back properly, and thats whats left of my guard!! lol!!!

markasia
26-02-2007, 11:45 AM
anyone who got the install diagram for injec? Can you please take a pix or scan it for him?

Nah its all good Gas....i got it all covered, fixed everything up last night.

EG5
26-02-2007, 11:55 AM
buy a new splash guard.

sendok
26-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Nah its all good Gas....i got it all covered, fixed everything up last night.

good if all alright now :D :thumbsup:

markasia
10-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Finally Went Down To Honda To Ask About The Guard. Only $95....=D