PDA

View Full Version : diesel in my car

leech
25-02-2007, 04:15 PM
OK

Iwas driving my car the other night and it stalled and wont start. i thought that it could possibly be that the fuel gauge had broken and i had run out of fuel, so me and a friend went and got a jerry can got some premium unleaded petrol and went back and filled the car up. As i finished pouring the petrol in i realised that this jerry can had been used to hold diesel in it. I was wondering if this will do anything to my engine? I havnt started the car yet because im waiting on an ignitor mudule to fix the problem of it not starting. Any help would be good

Drew
25-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Not really, might cough once or twice but unless you actually put diesel in there it will be ok

Zilli
25-02-2007, 05:50 PM
as stated, it depends how much diesel there was on there before it was filled with ULP

Mr_will
25-02-2007, 06:02 PM
might have been a wise idea not to post this since you are trying to sell the car with this engine in it :P

leech
25-02-2007, 06:36 PM
lol, i havnt driven it or started it so i can drain all the fuel out and clean the tank if necassary. just wondering thats all. I will ask my mechanic tomorrow

Drew
25-02-2007, 06:39 PM
If its just been used to hold diesel; but didn't actually have any diesel it will be fine

If it had any diesel in it; depending on the amount it might be ok however would pay to just drain the fuel...