PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Crx EF jap si - suspension from EG Civic?

Dems
26-02-2007, 06:08 PM
hey just wanted to ask will a suspension setup from a Jap EG Civic bolt onto my crx Jap si easily?

Samo
26-02-2007, 06:11 PM
if its eg6 one ur talking abt ... u need to mod the bottom of the shock

crx lca abt 2-3mm smaller

e240
26-02-2007, 08:01 PM
hey just wanted to ask will a suspension setup from a Jap EG Civic bolt onto my crx Jap si easily?

front:
You will need the front eg6 forks.

rear:
I measured an ITR LCA against an ED/EF and found them to be exactly the same.

Well, I have an ED LCA, you can have them if you want. Just pay for postage .

Samo
26-02-2007, 08:09 PM
wired ... the one i had ... the rears needed moding as itr one is a lil wider in where the shock goes

e240
26-02-2007, 08:29 PM
wired ... the one i had ... the rears needed moding as itr one is a lil wider in where the shock goes

No idea...I'm using ITR LCAs with EF rear sussys.

VT3C
27-02-2007, 03:16 PM
front:
rear:
I measured an ITR LCA against an ED/EF and found them to be exactly the same..

nah man you didnt measure them - you only looked at them side by side.. and at a glance they're the same but they're actually NOT the same.

on closer inspection and ACTUAL measurement you'd have learned that the LCA's are about ~4mm shorter in length than the Type R's. everything else is almost identical except for the width of the LCA where the lower eye of the shock bolts to. the Type R LCA's are about ~2mm wider here also.

so they're almost the same - but they're NOT the same.

everyone be carefull with this !! I was sold EF/DA LCA's as Type-R/EG6LCA's.

bennjamin
27-02-2007, 03:52 PM
that 4mm will put your camber out of whack - Not to mention the bush not fitting snug.

Get the right LCA to suit your sussy :)

e240
27-02-2007, 04:17 PM
nah man you didnt measure them - you only looked at them side by side.. and at a glance they're the same but they're actually NOT the same.

on closer inspection and ACTUAL measurement you'd have learned that the LCA's are about ~4mm shorter in length than the Type R's. everything else is almost identical except for the width of the LCA where the lower eye of the shock bolts to. the Type R LCA's are about ~2mm wider here also.

so they're almost the same - but they're NOT the same.

everyone be carefull with this !! I was sold EF/DA LCA's as Type-R/EG6LCA's.

Cheers, I'll recheck..cause I just bolted on EF rear shocks onto the ITR LCAs and I can tell you..there's no gap...But I'll recheck...

e240
27-02-2007, 04:22 PM
that 4mm will put your camber out of whack - Not to mention the bush not fitting snug.

Get the right LCA to suit your sussy :)

Considering that if 1 is shorter than the other, If I have an EF trying to run EG shocks, I would still want to run the EF LCAs to keep camber correct.

Likewise, If I have an EG running EF shocks, I'd use the EG/ITR LCAs and not the EF LCAs.

Does that reasoning make sense?

Samo
27-02-2007, 04:48 PM
lol told u so

e240
27-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Wierd...Just rechecked and it fits perfectly. i couldn't even squeeze a 1mm washer in between.

Pretty sure its an ITR LCA..its even comes with the Sway bar nut...Oh well...