PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Kits - Do They Work??

cmathieu
26-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I've been told by a friend that I should purchase a grounding kit for my 2001 Civic GLi sedan; cost doesn't seem too prohibitive but does this really work??? If they do, which is the best brand as far as quality goes (oxygen free cables...etc...)

Thanks

Cheers,
Charles

destrukshn
26-02-2007, 08:17 PM
in my exp, and knowledge.
it only really helps on the older cars.
that the grounding cables have deterioated.
and in saying that, just replace your originaly ground cables, with new ones, like make your own from jay car or so, to thicker ones, and add more to areas that may need it.

hui
26-02-2007, 11:11 PM
most cars nowadays are controlled by an ecu, with its many sensors keeping track of everything. However, as time goes by the ecu sensors effectiveness may be hindered due to static, rust and natural wear and tear. Proper grounding of these sensors will enable the ecu to receive accurate signals allowing the car to perform better.

i'm currently using PIVOT raizin volt stabliizer, noticed brighter headlights, betta sound clarity and the car idles smoother....

hope this helps

VTC-8OY
26-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi all,

I've been told by a friend that I should purchase a grounding kit for my 2001 Civic GLi sedan; cost doesn't seem too prohibitive but does this really work??? If they do, which is the best brand as far as quality goes (oxygen free cables...etc...)

Thanks

Cheers,
Charles

why did ur mate tell u u need a grounding kit in d first place?

unless u got a massive stereo setup and lots of other assessories in ur car, dont bother.. u also dont get any power gains from it as claimed

Samo
27-02-2007, 10:35 PM
it apparently gives u better start up, smoother reving (a lil), better sounds ...

but i rather get 2 full tanks of 98 octane for dat money lol

panda[cRx]
27-02-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61625