PDA

View Full Version : URGENT, need quick reply

andiiso
27-02-2007, 12:51 PM
what does it mean when the car has 2 keys, 1 for opening doors and 1 for turning on the car ?, the one that used to open doors have a honda plastic thing on it but the engine one doesnt :confused: is it dodgy ?

Zdster
27-02-2007, 12:57 PM
what does it mean when the car has 2 keys, 1 for opening doors and 1 for turning on the car ?, the one that used to open doors have a honda plastic thing on it but the engine one doesnt :confused: is it dodgy ?

Got a picture? Sounds pretty dodgy to me. Does the ignition key also open the doors? If no, the outer door locks have probably been replaced.

misteR_bilzz
27-02-2007, 12:59 PM
just means that the car has had its ignition barrel changed.. could be heaps of reasons..
had a theft attempt.
factory honda immobiliser has been removed
black keys are no longer "mobilising the car" due to a faulty chip and they cant create new copies?

andiiso
27-02-2007, 01:00 PM
nah no picture, im about to go pick up the car practically, because just bought (well deposit anyway) and had RACV check it, thats why i need to know quickly if having 2 keys, 1 for engine and 1 for doors is dodgy cos it looks kinda to me ... gonna go have a look at the RACV report and im sure it says something about it, the caryard guy himself said so, but not so sure what.

misteR_bilzz
27-02-2007, 01:02 PM
the one that used to open doors have a honda plastic thing on it but the engine one doesnt :confused: is it dodgy ?

meaning the door locks are still original..

andiiso
27-02-2007, 01:03 PM
yer im guessing it is, but engine one ... it woulda made me feel a lot better if the door lock wasnt original and engine key was but its the other way around

Zdster
27-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Ah, well noted Mr Blitz. Plus pq to you.

andiiso
27-02-2007, 01:06 PM
because ive tried turning the car on with the key that is used for the door and it doesnt work, and vice versa with the key for engine doesnt work on door ..

Zdster
27-02-2007, 01:06 PM
The engine and door uses the same key, so it sounds like the previous owner lost one of the keys and made a copy, and is making an excuse that the copied key is for the door.

You should have two proper keys otherwise you will be stuck if you lose your immobilizer key

No he said:

1 for opening doors and 1 for turning on the car ?

Nothing to do with the 'red' key. As Mr Blitz said sounds like the ignition barrel has been changed out.

andiiso
27-02-2007, 01:08 PM
ignition barrel has been changed out .. that a bad enough thing not to buy the car or is it fine ? and will i have problems putting in a new alarm system wid keyless entry later on if i do buy ? is there anyway that i can do to make it that i open door n turn on engine with the 1 key ? =[

Zdster
27-02-2007, 01:14 PM
ignition barrel has been changed out .. that a bad enough thing not to buy the car or is it fine ? and will i have problems putting in a new alarm system wid keyless entry later on if i do buy ? is there anyway that i can do to make it that i open door n turn on engine with the 1 key ? =[

Depends on why it was changed. Could have been faulty or a potential break in . . .

I would speak with the previous owner and find out why it was changed.

Keyless entry shouldnt be effected by the ignition.

You should be able to arrange to have it all operate off the one key, although I am not sure who would organise that for you?

andiiso
27-02-2007, 01:16 PM
oh ok, atleast keyless entry wont b affected, and hopefully i can find some way to have it all operate off the 1 key, maybe go honda and ask, or something, anyway, thanks ppl, a lot of help. If only i knew how to +rep or something thanks again

btw if anyone finds out someway to make it all operate off 1 key or something along those lines in information please let me know thanks again

SiReal
27-02-2007, 01:17 PM
you said you bought it off a dealer right? so long as that is the case, the car, as-is should have a clean title so it is safe to buy. you won't have the police knocking on your door one day reposessing your car.

2 keys, might be a hassle. maybe invest in an aftermarket remote system so u dont have to fiddle with two keys.

misteR_bilzz
27-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks Zdster
andiiso. to have it operate off the one key ud have to get the locks on the doors and hatch to match the ignition key, so itll cost a lil money..
unless u keep it the way it is now, and as SiReal said get keyless entry so the alternate key sorta becomes redundant..

andiiso
27-02-2007, 11:05 PM
yer thanks guys, i probably get a alarm, so the door key becomes a spare, ill still keep it with me because just incase my remote outta battery or stuff up etc. btw guys, i read up on a few alarm systems mongoose etc i just wanna ask, which ones are like .. keyless entry, central locking n all, and also with the function (and more) like : if u have window down and u turn alarm on and u stick your hand in there (without touching anything) itll go off ?

also anyone know where i can find a good key cutter shop in melbourne that lets me choose the key handle thing ? like instead of cutting a key into a key that looks like a house key i want to have a handle with a picture or something on it or something along them lines, thanks again guys.

Samo
27-02-2007, 11:19 PM
just glue them together to make one key lol

<===((_)===>