PDA

View Full Version : Mods & Fuel ecconamy

Bez180sx
27-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey guys, Im new here and am just about to purchase my first ever honda..
Im looking at a 97 Accord VTi

Anyway my question is, will putting an exhuast and intake setup on make fuel ecconamy better, worse, or the same ?

Thanks..

Sensei
27-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Most likely won't change much but in some cases it has been known to yield maybe 50-70km more per tank (can't confirm how accurate this is). You will notice a drop in low end torque though, but it'll be offset by a slight increase in mid to high end torque.

Good luck on the purchase of your first ever Accord. Oh & Welcome to OzHonda :wave:

aaronng
27-02-2007, 03:51 PM
The mods won't cause the change. Your desire to listen to your intake and exhaust under throttle will. :)

crx51
27-02-2007, 05:11 PM
The mods won't cause the change. Your desire to listen to your intake and exhaust under throttle will. :)

Bingo! As soon as i got an intake (AEM CAI) on my crx i couldnt help but give it a bit. Car sounds standard till 4k then gets a nice deep twin cammy sort of growl.. I swear if my car new how to drink fuel it would be costing me a packet. Thankfully its a bit of a fuel miser.

I dont think you'll have a noticeable change really in consumption as long as you drive the same. If you dont change anything on the fuel side then id say only your driving style would change it.

Welcome to the forum, its a good one to be a part of. Lots of interesting topics. Lots of combined knowlege.