No comment... :zip:

What are they doing???

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Odyssey

aka_NSX
28-02-2007, 10:10 AM

What are they doing???

I'm very sure that for the US and Canada market, definitely it wont come to Australia

AusAccord
28-02-2007, 11:48 AM
x2. JDM Lagreat=USDM Odyssey

s2o0o
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Even I admit that looks corny.

Put an Acura badge on it...

aaronng
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow! It's a Legend Van. hahahah

EuroAccord13
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
The designer was an ex KIA employee :D :D

jr05
02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Stupid North American, absolutely ruined.

tseesinngwailo
02-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Um, guys, 244HP !!!!! be nice if they did that here at least, sure its ugly compared to ours, but that engine option should be in the ones we get here...

[[d a n n y]]
03-04-2007, 10:10 AM
thats in the US

Takenit2easy
19-04-2007, 03:58 PM
That is so ugly...Damn Americans

I love the look of the Odyssey we get in Australia

Please Please Please don't bring that here JUST the motor would be handy....!

IMO

Drew
19-04-2007, 06:58 PM
The current model is so sexeh

krogoth
21-04-2007, 11:58 AM
lol

wat an ugly thing

the current oddysey ownz it

SPQR
16-05-2007, 11:07 PM
It's an evolution of the previous Odyssey sold in Australia. It's what the Aussie Odyssey would have been had Honda Australia not chosen the glorified station wagon we have now. I think that Honda lost the "people mover" point with the current Aussie Odyssey. You would now have to bend over to put the kids in it whereas previously you would step into it. Hence my contention that what we have now is not much different in concept to a Falcon or Commodore stationwagon with the extra row of seats that you could also get with the mundane Aussie product. The current Odyssey also nolonger gets the V6 that the old model had at its top level.

Don't get me wrong, I like the design of the current Odyssey. I just wish they'd stop advertising it as a people mover and called it a stationwagon instead.

17-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm very sure that for the US and Canada market, definitely it wont come to Australia

yep it wont come in here .. although .. some concept of the new ODC on honda Jp start to appear =X in 1-2 year time current model will be gone:(

phily
21-05-2007, 01:53 AM
It's an evolution of the previous Odyssey sold in Australia. It's what the Aussie Odyssey would have been had Honda Australia not chosen the glorified station wagon we have now. I think that Honda lost the "people mover" point with the current Aussie Odyssey. You would now have to bend over to put the kids in it whereas previously you would step into it. Hence my contention that what we have now is not much different in concept to a Falcon or Commodore stationwagon with the extra row of seats that you could also get with the mundane Aussie product. The current Odyssey also nolonger gets the V6 that the old model had at its top level.

Don't get me wrong, I like the design of the current Odyssey. I just wish they'd stop advertising it as a people mover and called it a stationwagon instead.
i see your point, BUT it is a people mover as its designed to carry 7 people comfortoably (im a big guy and i find 3rd row seat somfy and roomy)
If it was advertised as a stationwagon, people would perceive it as small and uncomfortable, even though its not.

I find the power in the current Odyssey to be enough. its fairly torquey and does People moving very well. but its no sports car.

Also technically even a 7 seat commo or falcon is still classed as a people mover. :)

NeoNode
21-05-2007, 02:53 AM
i see your point, BUT it is a people mover as its designed to carry 7 people comfortoably (im a big guy and i find 3rd row seat somfy and roomy)
I find the power in the current Odyssey to be enough. its fairly torquey and does People moving very well. but its no sports car.
Enough power and torquey?
Toyota shoved a 200kW engine into their Tarago not long ago, now that's what I call enough power and torque to move 7 people.

Can you imagine trucks carrying a trailer with the equivalency in truck terms of the motor in the Odyssey trying to pull it's load?

krogoth
21-05-2007, 10:40 AM
im not sure how powerful a current odyssey is

but its plenty powerful, i can assure u

i took one from my dealer for a couple of days

went everywhere with a full load of ppl, and it coped fine

up hills, high speed, everything....plenty of guts

NeoNode
21-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe your driving style is too conservative for my tastes, my car has considerably more power than the Odyssey, although quite similar in weight, it does make more torque way down low the rev range though, and I find that only adequate.

Anyways the point i'm trying to get to is, where I live, I must turn onto this street which is at the bottom of this rather large hill, which I need to travel uphill most of the time when I head out.

There is no way that an Odyssey fully loaded with 7 people, a K24A6 with 118kW and 218Nm ontap can pull up this hill without struggling reving it's head off.

Although my comments would reflect my opinion on pretty much most people movers out there with only a 4 cylinder option. I would gladly trade fuel consumption for more oomph in this case.

nexace
23-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Although my comments would reflect my opinion on pretty much most people movers out there with only a 4 cylinder option. I would gladly trade fuel consumption for more oomph in this case.

But how often would you have 7 adults in the car?

The car is quite suitable for a 4 adult / 3 children combination...

NeoNode
25-05-2007, 05:02 PM
But how often would you have 7 adults in the car?

The car is quite suitable for a 4 adult / 3 children combination...
Does it matter? A vehicle labelled as a people mover weighing over 1600kgs with 118kW and 218Nm is not adequate IMO.

Sure it has style, it has tons of space, now it just need a decent 6 cylinder engine like the predecessor before it.

To be honest, it doesn't even need a 6 cylinder, a diesel 4 cylinder will do, the more low end torque the better for these things.

[[d a n n y]]
25-05-2007, 07:37 PM
if u have 7 people in a odyssey it struggles.
it needs more power..
hence the V6 option was popular in the older model.
the current K24 powered odyssey isnt powerfull enough.

hondarox
25-05-2007, 08:10 PM

What are they doing???

What's wrong with the front?
It's better looking than the new CRV!