PDA

View Full Version : Whistling Noise in engine after radiator hose install

zropts
28-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys,

DC2 : After i had installed the top radiator hose and then connected the leads back to the dizzy, i noticed that when driving for 30mins and over, i could smell burnt radiator water and a low hissing / whistling noise in the engine. I know its not the radiator hose as nothing is leaking, and i have put the leads back properly.

Can anyone help or has anyone experience the same? :honda:

JasonGilholme
28-02-2007, 12:00 PM
your not loosing any coolant??

The smell is probably just some coolant burning off the block from when you installed the pipe.

zropts
01-03-2007, 07:58 AM
I c... so i guess just bleeding the coolant will answer my problem... so i guess bleeding is just turning the screw underneath the radiator to let all the coolant flush out and top up with new coolant...?

zropts
02-03-2007, 08:38 AM
ok... thanks for that... i'll try that out and let you know on the progress...

zropts
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
i have done that and everthing seems fine until i noticed a little leak on the top right of the radiator... damns it'll cost me another new radiator... i just got that fixed 1 1/2 yrs ago... must be too much pressure in the radiator or something... anyone know of any good radiators out there and where from?

bennjamin
05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
One way is to find the the bleed valve IT IS NOT THE ONE AT THE BOTTOM

On the B18c2 ( or any other B series ?)
You simply take off the radiator cap and use that as a "bleed valve".

Empty radiator from below. Empty resevoir.
Fill back up the radiator and resevoir with desired coolant mix
leave cap off , Push temp slide to HOT
Turn on car , let idle for 10-15 minutes until the radiator fan comes on TWICE. During this time bubbles will come out and the coolant will slightly overflow. You may need to top up the coolant.
After the rad fan has come on twice it should of bled all air from the system. Tighten cap , let cool down and away you go.
Check the level the morning after :)

zropts
08-03-2007, 02:44 PM
i got OEM top radiator hose for $62 but then found a site that sells radiator hoses for DC2 at reasonable $115 (top & bottom)... not sure how good they are... but would be a good buy if you don't have enough for Spoon ones which is $400+

http://www.ministryofbass.com.au/moshop/product_info.php?cPath=29_36&products_id=199&osCsid=86a48d1e3fdeab26eeea7cc3cb570256

Now i just need a good radiator? Anyone know of any good brands or aftermarket radiators?