PDA

View Full Version : rear lca's..

crx51
28-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi, as im doing my crx suspension i have found much wisdom on this site. I am probably going to buy some itr suspension for the moment including itr lca's as it isnt overly expensive. Then once ive done brakes and a few other things ill go for some coilovers.

Now my question is, everyone recommends the itr lca's and say that it will allow me to fit eg/dc2 suspension which is great as there is little in the way of ed9 suspension. What i want to know though is - Will a whiteline rear sway still fit? I dont know exactly what a rear sway mounts to but i was just wondering if anyone could offer a definitive answer as to whether i can still get the rear sway made for the ed9 crx from whiteline or would it not fit due to the itr lca's??? I would like to know soon because as good as having itr suspension would be if it means im never going to find a rear sway im not interested as this would let down the suspension big time....

Samo
28-02-2007, 12:32 PM
it will fit ... bolt hole for swaybar is pretty much on the same spot ...
the lca's are almost identicl

Dylanamus
01-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Just do it, mate... worst case scenario you could get a custom sway bar and it probably wouldn't inconvenience you any more than $100 (on top of a non custom equivilent thickness/length bar). I had my eyes closed to customisation, but now that I've been forced to look into it, I've realised it gives you more freedom and allows you to get exactly what you want. The first time. It's not as expensive as some people might imply. Whiteline, for example, charge pretty much the same for a custom bar as an off the shelf one.

And there are many automotive fabricators who can make custom links and even completely custom suspension assemblys if need be.

crx51
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys. I had thought about the customization but i thought it would be ridiculously expensive. Ill have to have a look at that.

Spunkymonkey
02-03-2007, 08:53 AM
http://integramod.tripod.com/perform/suspension.html has a bit about swaybars...more about integra....but it is interesting reading.

I'm not sure if when you change the LCA's you'll be able to fit a rear swaybar, but like mentioned previously it might be best to check with whiteline re: customisation....

It doesn't look like the ed9 is on the list of car's that can have type r rear sways put on.

Dylanamus
02-03-2007, 05:13 PM
In my experience with getting custom swaybars through whiteline.. don't pass on the responsibility to a third party like repco or autobarn.. as friendly as they are when you call/see them, they are motorheads, not customer service officers and consequently have never heard of the concept of a "follow up call". I called them 5 times over 3 weeks and each time they were like "oh yeah, whiteline haven't called us back yet". HAHAHA Pathetic is the word to describe such "service". I eventually gave up all together. But if you really want it done, short of driving your car to their sydney headquarters, you might have to make 50 calls directly to them yourself to get it organised. It's not expensive though. A $220 bar will be $250 instead. $30 for something that doesn't exist is not a bad compromise