PDA

View Full Version : wat could be wrong

Honda 94 DANTE
01-03-2007, 11:35 AM
i drive a 1994 honda accord vti manual.
for starters since i lowered the thing every now and then wen i turn a corner it started makin this noise and it feels as if the joint is out then it pops back in.

and now jus the other day i drove roun one nite the next mornin went to go reverse and it wouldnt go in. it wont allow me to get into reverse. but every other gear is fine and fith gear is a lil hard to get into aswell.

jus wonderin if any1 knew anythin bout these two things wrong, it goes in on monday to get repaired hope its not the gear box. lol hahah

thnx

SiReal
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
how are your cv joints? how are your bushes? hows all te nuts and bolts in the sussy area? nice and tight?

get those checked out.

as for the reverse gear, no idea but i'm guessing a worn synchro.

tRipitaka
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
not sure if it's just a b-series box problem or a problem with hondas altogether..

but with the reverse thing.. try going into first, then reverse..

Honda 94 DANTE
01-03-2007, 12:06 PM
i got all new cv joints and bushes they should be fine.

iv tryed everything to get it into reverse it jus wont go

i guess the mechanix will have to check it out

Vinnie
01-03-2007, 02:58 PM
i have the same prob with it not wanting to go into reverse sometimes. i jus pop it back into neutral, foot off clutch, and try again and it usually goes :) obviously ur prob is more severe tho...

aaronng
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Just put it into some other gear (like 4th) and then back down into reverse.

Xplodin
02-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Just put it into some other gear (like 4th) and then back down into reverse.
That works for me :D

SiReal
02-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Or for some of us, you press the gear lever button and gently move the position of the gear lever down one notch to where it says "R"

;)

Honda 94 DANTE
02-03-2007, 08:45 AM
na nothin i do will get it into reverse, i have always had the problem of wen i go into reverse sumtimes it wouldnt go in then id take my foot of the clutch then it would go in, that even happens in my civic, but my accord will not budge at all and to add to the problem lastnite i took it out, goin from 1st to 2nd all the way to fourth was good but wen i went to go put it into 5th it made a crunch .

i donno it sux i jus want it on the road lol hahahaha thnx guys

aaronng
02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Check your clutch fluid in the resevoir. Is it sufficient?

MRH-22A
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
i'd be checking clutch fluid level