PDA

View Full Version : Hub Screws???

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
hey im just painting my calipers.. and i noticed when i took my front left wheel off there is no screws in the ¿hub? heres a pic of what im talking bout..

my front left makes a really high pitch sqeeking noise when i go over bump in road could this be from this?

anyways does any1 no what size n where i could get the replacement screws from??

its for EG 93 hatch

thanks for anyhelp.

JasonGilholme
02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
That means you should be able to pull your discs off without any problems at all once you move the caliper out the way..??

JasonGilholme
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
i think i'll point out that they're porsche brakes :p

ek4-guy
02-03-2007, 02:34 PM
wreckers

and if you look close those brakes have the screws he's using the pic as an example

nugget1
02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
This is what mine looks like,it's got two screws in it already . http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/nugget-2007/cal5.jpg

SiReal
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
No screws? thats shocking!!! when u brake, ur whole car should vibrate like no tomorrow!

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
No screws? thats shocking!!! when u brake, ur whole car should vibrate like no tomorrow!

na breaking is fine? was suprised when there was no screws though :S

so reckers is best place to get these? or any1 no better place

i got my front left drive shaft replaced so maybe they forgot to put screws back in? damm..

thnk for help. and yer that pic is example :D

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
i just tryed pulling my disc of and they would come off if the calipers wernt there.. hah maybe this explains that fkn annoying noise..

i wonder who fkd up though.

SiReal
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
yeah go to wrecker or since, honda spares parts is still open, go straight to them. how much would screws cost anyway? and ur guaranteed of perfect fit.

edit: claymore! u are completely right. how could i forget about that!!

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Brakes and car will work fine without the screws. They are NOT the cause of your squealing problem... I mean think about it what happens when you put the wheel back on and tighten the lugnuts...... presto wheel presses against the hub and is held in place by the lugnuts.

yer was thinking that to :) but i guess they are there for a reason..

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah go to wrecker or since, honda spares parts is still open, go straight to them. how much would screws cost anyway? and ur guaranteed of perfect fit.

edit: claymore! u are completely right. how could i forget about that!!

yer i would go if only my calipers wernt wet with paint :( lol

ek4-guy
02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
the squeal is more than likley if your pads are low the squeal clip may be touching the discs

wOlfee
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
the squeal is more than likley if your pads are low the squeal clip may be touching the discs

would it squeal when u go over bumps though? like when ur car bounces? i was thinking more of a suspension.. not sure though.

ek4-guy
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
nah i dont think it would your on d right track id say with sussy

Limbo
03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
back to the question, i ended up having to drill mine out when i changed to slotted rotors. The screws your taking about i got from the local Home Hardware for 50c each. I brought some spare sets cos they were so cheap

wOlfee
04-03-2007, 10:49 AM
back to the question, i ended up having to drill mine out when i changed to slotted rotors. The screws your taking about i got from the local Home Hardware for 50c each. I brought some spare sets cos they were so cheap

lol thought u could just get them from hardware

but went to honda like sum1 sujested and they said 2$ each lol and they had to order them in first time sum1 has baught from them