PDA

View Full Version : Steering vibration

SPQR
03-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Has anyone experienced a vibration in the steering wheel when idling and the a/c compressor cuts-in?

Merlin086
03-03-2007, 04:40 PM
No vibration here in my 06.......
................................so far......

tony1234
03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Me neither.

BiLL|z0r
03-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Not in the steering wheel but there is a small vibration in the accelerator for the first couple seconds.

Euro76
03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Not in the steering wheel but there is a small vibration in the accelerator for the first couple seconds.

Yeah I felt it too. Is it normal?

tron07
03-03-2007, 11:56 PM
when starting the aircond felt a short blittzzzzz.....

BiLL|z0r
04-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah I felt it too. Is it normal?
I believe so, it's not like it lasts for minutes or shakes your foot off the pedal. I think because the Euro is so smooth that any vibration gets detected.

SPQR
04-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I believe so, it's not like it lasts for minutes or shakes your foot off the pedal. I think because the Euro is so smooth that any vibration gets detected.

RE: Steering vibration when a/c cuts-in at idle

The vibration wasn't present when the car was new. Owners of new cars probably haven't felt it (yet).

Honda had someone "speak" to me. He was visiting Darwin from Brisbane and he took me for a drive in my car and said that the problem was there but Honda would not do anything about it. It was quite a patronising experience. It was almost like he was tapping me on the head and saying there-there now, just go away and live with it.

In case you're all wondering how a steering vibration is connected to the a/c then consider that both the power steering pump and the a/c compressor are driven by the same auxilliary belt.

The local dealer went to great and commendable efforts (with no reimbursement from Honda) to try and fix it; including one mechanic temporarily swapping the power steering pump from his Euro into my car. This only proved that it wasn't the power steering pump that was causing the vibration in the steering wheel. It did not rule out the a/c compressor being the culprit.

The vibration detracts from a smooth car and Honda's attitude is not acceptable.

EuroDude
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Mine gives a slight vibration but its hardy noticable. Seems normal to me