PDA

View Full Version : Speaker and RCA cables

tron07
04-03-2007, 12:04 AM
What sort of nice cables are you guys using?

Thinking of getting some QED 25th aniversary silver cable for tweets, some belden RCA and monster xln401 RCA for sub. Maybe some VDH if price is good... Any suggestion where to look for them in Sydney??

aka_NSX
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
What sort of nice cables are you guys using?

Thinking of getting some QED 25th aniversary silver cable for tweets, some belden RCA and monster xln401 RCA for sub. Maybe some VDH if price is good... Any suggestion where to look for them in Sydney??

for good nice cables for car audio most ppl only use stinger / streetwires, but if you after QED and other brand you mention you should go to Len Wallis in Lane Cove or Audio Connection in Leichhardt both of them selling High End Home Stereo Stuff but it wont be cheap

teaseR
06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
is it even neccessary to go that expensive?
anything vary from $2-4 per metre is good enough

tron07
06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
No one use exotic stuffs?? :D

With what I have in mind, I wouldnt stinge on cables, else I will feel the need to change them 1 year or few months down the road... its just too much of a hassle to remove all the seat and carpet to get the cables off. Just do it right the first time.

is it even neccessary to go that expensive?
anything vary from $2-4 per metre is good enough

Expensive is just a preception, you might change the I/H/E to get a couple measly gains of KW, maybe 10kw, to me thats expensive... :D

aka_NSX
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
IMO in the car you dont really need to spend so much money on speaker cable and RCA since they are many other thing you have to consider, such as road noise, wind noise, etc . . . all that things will ruin the sound of your system then your expensive cable is just cant tell the different, but if you are thinking of Home Audio thats different, I dont mind spend expensive cable for my Home Audio, honestly only my speaker cable its cost more than $1500/set

tron07
07-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah... the law of diminishing returns.... as you go up the leader, the less you get.

I dont have the interest for home audio prefer home theater, and you dont really need expensive cables for that too.... Will check out Audio Connection in Leichhardt. Went to all those JB, Harvey, etc, previously, no nice cables, plus they are not cheap too, maybe will import some from Singapore, not sure if its cheaper, need more research.

teaseR
07-03-2007, 09:19 AM
u wont notice a difference with the human ear thats what i mean. its up to u 99% of the members probably agree with me.

tron07
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
You might not notice, but I will notice it.... you ever tested QED 25th Aniversary silver spiral cables comparing to a normal $2-4 cables? If you use normal speaker, 6x9, coax, then I think it would be a waste... if you were to hook em to a scanspeak, SEAS, supremo, etc then you will definitely hear the diff.....

On ITR, CTR, it will probably be too noisy to hear, but then most would probably prefer hearing the intake whoosh or the exhaust vrooomm...

Fhrx
08-03-2007, 07:25 AM
The main brands of cables we install are Stinger and Scosche. However, if you wish to move up a notch or two we are also authorised dealers of Audison Connection and QED. I use QED, EFX and Audison Connection in my cars system.

HIDCBL
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
The only way you will be able to tell the difference between good wuality speaker cables, and the ones you buy from JB for 20c a meter is if you have a full SQ system.

Don't know what SQ means? You ain't got it then. lol

Seriously, any speaker cables are fine as long as the connectors are good quality, and are solid gold or something better, and they are thick enough.

tron07
12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Emmm.. I dont understand what you are trying to say here....

trism
13-03-2007, 09:50 AM
basically saying, that unless your car is setup for all out Sound Quality, there is no need to spend so much on interconnects.

just go for stinger. im using the "dream" series interconnects. at $150 a pair, they arent cheap, but i compete in SQ. thats really all you need.

in regards to speaker wire, stinger HPM is great stuff...

aka_NSX
13-03-2007, 10:41 AM
basically saying, that unless your car is setup for all out Sound Quality, there is no need to spend so much on interconnects.

just go for stinger. im using the "dream" series interconnects. at $150 a pair, they arent cheap, but i compete in SQ. thats really all you need.

in regards to speaker wire, stinger HPM is great stuff...

the problem is most of the stinger product are made in taiwan now ......

if you really into sound $150 interconnect is nothing ......

I know there is a different in cable but I wont spend too much if in my car stinger / streetwires are good enough for me too

trism
13-03-2007, 07:57 PM
in a car, anything above that is stupid. above the roadnoise, engine, etc etc etc you are not going to tell the difference bhetween a 150 dollar set, and a 1500 dollar set

aka_NSX
14-03-2007, 05:59 PM
in a car, anything above that is stupid. above the roadnoise, engine, etc etc etc you are not going to tell the difference bhetween a 150 dollar set, and a 1500 dollar set

its not stupid but its just unnecessary to have an expensive cable but if you can afford it why not . . . . coz you will still can tell a difference . . . .

Riviera
14-03-2007, 07:37 PM
mate wires wire unless u know that the wire they're using it made from the pure high end quality material then what do u know...

i guess money makes u think your getting the best

in the end my $70 wow cables end up doing just as good of job

but in the end ask yourself what your running???

Alpine or clarion
Eclipse or fusion
Fosgate or mtx ???

High end system needs high end cables

tron07
15-03-2007, 10:41 AM
IMHO stinger is good product but kinda way too expensive/overated, maybe due to good marketing... For that price, I would prefer to go with Belden RCAs, not sure if its easilly obtainable here or not.

Originally Posted by trism

its not stupid but its just unnecessary to have an expensive cable but if you can afford it why not . . . . coz you will still can tell a difference . . .

True, a corolla also get you from Point A to Point B, why get a Ferrari?
A modified Skyline R32 also get you from Point A to Point B as fast as a Ferrari why get a Ferrari?

If you can afford it why not? Plus you will have the thought of upgrading later if you dont put in the good cables you can afford, and the cost of upgrading will cost you more.