PDA

View Full Version : Power wire+setings of sub & more!

rawr
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
My power wire was a lil too short so it just reached my sub.. but then a mate of mine decided to pull the sub to take a look and the power wire actually came off the plug... i was wondering

1.what type of wire is that inside
2. How would i connect extra wire whatever it is
3. How would u suggest i connect the wire back in (Hot glue?)

Right now i got a temporary fix of just sticking it back in and holding it in place with sticky tape but im sick of it keep coming out so i want it fixed soon

ALSOOO

how do i set my sub in one spot.. brackets? Tie it down? i dont want it to look flashy i just want everything to work perfectly..

AND LAST ONE

what should i set my
Gain, LPF(check), And bass to get the best sound for just rnb/hiphop and trance.... (dont want excessive amounts of bass but still want to feel it)

Drew
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
hahaha hot glue gets my vote

you could get a longer cable? thats really the only real fix in your situation

you could get L brackets and screw the box to the car

Set the crossover to whatever your speakers lowest capability is
Meaning if you speakers do 50hz to 12khz then your sub should be set to 50hz; just as an example

As for gain etc etc just play around with what sounds good to you

rawr
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
hahaha hot glue gets my vote

you could get a longer cable? thats really the only real fix in your situation

you could get L brackets and screw the box to the car

Set the crossover to whatever your speakers lowest capability is
Meaning if you speakers do 50hz to 12khz then your sub should be set to 50hz; just as an example

As for gain etc etc just play around with what sounds good to you

do you know what type of cable it is? so i can go bunnings just buy a bit cut the cover of my current one and extra then cover with electrical chord.. i am not bothered to do the whole power chord so i just wanna make it a bit longer

where would i put the hot glue? the lining of the plug or in the plug?

Drew
04-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I was joking about the hot glue; probably the worse idea ever

Maybe take a picture for us of the said cable?

You would be better off just taking a few hours out of your busy weekend and running a new cable than just adding bits to the old cable

rawr
04-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I was joking about the hot glue; probably the worse idea ever

Maybe take a picture for us of the said cable?

lmao so much for repping you :p i was gon go bunnings and everything!
whys it bad?

ill take a pic with my fone cause i haf no clue where my digicam is brb

Drew
04-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Probably the same reason they stopped using plastic as power lines back in the '80s

rawr
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8180/image014nj0.jpg

Picture of the wire.. kinda fuzzy uhh its like brown maybe copper?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9518/image016mf5.jpg

Where the wire should go.. my boots messy u can see the sticky tape i was using lmao

shiee fone pics ftl

Drew
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Take a photo thats not so close up?

You could always cut off say a 2cm piece of the cable and take it to Bunnings and just ask someone to give you X meters of cable like that one, while pointing at the cable in your hand :P

rawr
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Take a photo thats not so close up?

You could always cut off say a 2cm piece of the cable and take it to Bunnings and just ask someone to give you X meters of cable like that one, while pointing at the cable in your hand :P

i needa borrow pliers off sum1 this house has no tools at all.. we dont even have a hammer zomfg...

hmmm fine ill cut it and bring it to them.. wanna take me there i got bout an hour left before my local one closes haha.. i should buy some L brackets and Bolts?

Drew
04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
riiiiight because that makes perfect sense
:P

rawr
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
alright got the brackets its not going nowhere but i didnt haf ne pliers to cut off the cover so i could show em the wire so i stuck it in with sticky tape and hoped for the best and its working for now so im happy

probably go back next week to get extra wire

D4rk4n63l
06-03-2007, 09:04 AM
if the sub box is carpeted and your boot floor is carpeted, you can do what I did. Go to bunnings and get the heavy duty velcro hook strip, $18 from memory.. works like a charm and fairly easy to take off if you need to... and use a button head screws to fix the velcros to the sub box...

as for the wires, I suggest you go to jaycar and get a new pin connectors (maybe for all the pins while you're at it) and make a new crimps for all wires and then stick it back in the socket..

tron07
06-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Are you using a sealed box? If so just make sure that the box is seal properly and not leaking... leaky box doesnt sound nice.

rawr
06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Are you using a sealed box? If so just make sure that the box is seal properly and not leaking... leaky box doesnt sound nice.

uhhh i bought it as is.. just a simple sub nothing special its got an inbuilt amp.. cheap but keeps me happy.. sounds pretty good..

i bought the L brackets and the work perfectly.. too bad i didnt read the velcro idea in time before i started driling holes! but yer i still need a remedy for the wire problem ill probably do what the guy 2 posts up said....

unless someone can tell me what suitable adhesive can be used in this situation