PDA

View Full Version : Car getting tuned

BlitZ
04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi All,

Can i please get some confirmation of a few things..

I am gonna to ask for 12.8 - 13.0 A/F ratio... would that be safe all year around, seeing track days etc etc, if tuned on a moderatly cool day?

I suppose tunning is done close loop off.. then back on when complete?

Is road tune primarily to tune for part throttle or for bottom end or for some other reason (people who normally cant explain it to me just say its for driveability)?

and last but not least.. does a stock b series (b18c2/18c6/16a,16b) motors run lean, rich or crap at the very top end like at 8k+? what fuel mixture ratio is expected at WOT?

thanks in advance,
dan

e240
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Just make sure you go to a reputable tuner....Tell 'em what you want it for
and they should know how to tune for it.

Toda Australia does pretty good work..IMO

kyobibi
04-03-2007, 10:32 PM
yeah Toda will do a good job for you :)

Like what E240 said.. just let them know what you want and im sure they can achieve it for you.

stock dc2r, i just wanted the most power out of the car as possible..
fuel economy is the same but power output seems much smoother :)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61541

fatboyz39
05-03-2007, 06:41 AM
I am gonna to ask for 12.8 - 13.0 A/F ratio... would that be safe all year around, seeing track days etc etc, if tuned on a moderatly cool day? I would say so but would leave it to the tuner.

Is road tune primarily to tune for part throttle or for bottom end or for some other reason (people who normally cant explain it to me just say its for driveability)? Get a road tune also.

and last but not least.. does a stock b series (b18c2/18c6/16a,16b) motors run lean, rich or crap at the very top end like at 8k+? what fuel mixture ratio is expected at WOT? Fuel mixture should be consistence throughout the rev range.

:):):)