PDA

View Full Version : Honda Legend Code #43

HondaLegend89
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey guys,
I posted in another section relating to this section but it appears I may get more replies here.
Our 1991 Honda Legend with the C32 has a Code #43 correspoding to the left fuel supply system. the idle fluctuates, it acts as though it is stuck on choke soemtimes and it sometimes puffs out smoke.
What I need to know is what is likely to be causing this #43 code?
Any help at all will be appreciated, as I don't really know where to start with this problem.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Steve

aaronng
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe your fuel pump is on its way out... Also, when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter?

razaman
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Ask on acura-legend.com!

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Raz

EuroDude
07-03-2007, 05:42 PM
maybe the injectors are clogged up.

Fill the next tank with 98RON and/or use some fuel injector cleaner fuel additive

ECU-MAN
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I recon you have lazy o2 sensors.

clean the TB and test the O2 sensors, when they are warm they should be very responsive.

HondaLegend89
08-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks guys.
I already asked on Acura-Legend.com but they didn't give any hints as to what might be causing the code #43.
The car was always serviced every 10, 000 Km's by previous owner so the fuel filter would have been replaced then.
We only run the car on 95/98 RON anyway and we had a fuel injector cleaner in ther not too long ago.

I forgot to mention sometimes we can smell fuel leaking from somewhere. Is it possible the injector O rings might be leaking and causing the idle to fluctuate generating the code #43 ? Just a thought.

I will check the O2 sensors in the next day or two. I would be more inclined to think if the O2's were bad I would be getting a seperate code.

EDIT: ECU MAN I think you might be on to something here, apparently after doing some reading, the O2 sensors can cause a code 43.....Hmm I will have to check them now.

EuroDude
09-03-2007, 08:16 AM
If you smell fuel then there could be a leak somewhere. Maybe the Fuel Filter was not tightened properly