PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't there much Turob-charged Accords out there?

Honda Enthusiast
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi all,

I was just wondering, how come there has not been much turbo accords out there... I've seen a few Turbo(ed) Civics but not Accords - why is this?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/av-194.gif

dc2dc2dc2
07-03-2007, 12:34 AM
u drive a skyline now .

why do u care?

qstoria
07-03-2007, 05:21 AM
there arent many turbo charged hondas out there in general are there?

So accords, not really being a sports model are just less likely to be driven by people who are going to turbo charge a car. people who are driving a honda and who want to turbo their car will most likely be the sort of person who would buy an integra, civic or crx in the first place. just laws of probability really.

destrukshn
07-03-2007, 07:57 AM
becuase the transmissions are weak.
unless the accord has a h22a, or they've done it on the k series.

EuroDude
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
So sky did you really get a Skyline or do you still have ur accord?

destrukshn
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
he wants to buy another accord to boost it.
lol.

Q_ball
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Civics didnt come stock turboed either Sky,
All turboed civics are done specially by their owners.
Accords as well, theres a couple turboed accords on ozhonda - not stock obviously, all aftermarket.

Q_ball
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
the auto, yeh. The manual is just about as strong as the h22a box.
Yeh, ditto to that one actually.
Look at mine, its still goin strong, except the linkage is starting to wear.
But its been ages now so its lasted quite well.

SiReal
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
sky, dont be spreading hatred with your little .gif file.

reason: because some of us would rather invest in other things, like shares, property. either that, or we're poor, or we cruise.

yourfather
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
shit he's back!

!!!!!!!!!

Honda Enthusiast
07-03-2007, 11:21 PM
So sky did you really get a Skyline or do you still have ur accord?

Yeah mate, unfortunately, I was involved a huge car accident - Accord was totalled... drive a sKyline now... but I still love Honda's and have full admiration for VTEC yo! :thumbsup:

Honda Enthusiast
07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
I ever saw 1 tubocharged Accord when I was up in Sydney... damn, with VTEC and Turbo.... wow! what can I say.

JRC
07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
how many times have you left and come back now?

EuroAccord13
08-03-2007, 12:09 AM
This topic is not about bashing/flaming the Thread Starter.....

moreboost
09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON YOUR TATES I GOT A ACCORD I PUT VTEC IN IT AND TURBOED IT AND I ONLY WANTED TO DO IT TO AN ACCORD, I STILL GOT A STOCK F22A NON VTEC BOX AND IT TAKES A VTEC MOTOR 15 PSI BOOST AND 100PSI NOS AND HASENT COMPLAINED ONCE, THEY ARE A VERY UNDER RATED MODDERS CAR!!!!:cool:

Honda Enthusiast
09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON YOUR TATES I GOT A ACCORD I PUT VTEC IN IT AND TURBOED IT AND I ONLY WANTED TO DO IT TO AN ACCORD, I STILL GOT A STOCK F22A NON VTEC BOX AND IT TAKES A VTEC MOTOR 15 PSI BOOST AND 100PSI NOS AND HASENT COMPLAINED ONCE, THEY ARE A VERY UNDER RATED MODDERS CAR!!!!:cool:

Yeah, I have to agree... the Honda Engine IMP is perhaps the most reliable... very efficient and responds extremely well to mods!!! I LOVE IT!

DreadAngel
09-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Accord = Family Car

So generally its families buying it, you get a few quirks like Aaronng and Eurodude that buy Euros but general families buy them for practicality not to make them perform. Common sense...

mikeypoopi3
09-03-2007, 11:58 PM
just wish i could just chuck in a turbo kit like *snap* that........ =\

hey pedah gimmie yours?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee? hehehe

defect
10-03-2007, 10:56 AM
heavier shells compared to eg's,dc's
why turbo a 4 dr when you can turbo a 2 dr, its lighter.

the accord has a bigger engine bay and turbo would probably be easier cause theres more space. people after an accord are after luxury and space, not performance.

like someone has mentioned, the states have full of turbo'd hondas. :)

moreboost
10-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Accord = Family Car

So generally its families buying it, you get a few quirks like Aaronng and Eurodude that buy Euros but general families buy them for practicality not to make them perform. Common sense...

you are just close minded * if it has 4 doors its a family car* :eek: well thats not the case!! :) what about v8 supercars there 4 doors or rx8 it has 4 doors, there are plenty of "sports cars" out there with 4 doors,:p i got one that will beat most cars on the road but i dont class it as a family car, ive put over $40g's into it, you just got to open your mind and see the potential in a car for a car, not for how big it is or how many doors its got:thumbsup:

DreadAngel
10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
moreboost, go out there and look around, tell me how many Accords are modded and not used as a family car, then compare it to those that are then argue more. The Accord Euro is a sporty FAMILY CAR! The Accord isn't sporty imo, just an upper class family car.

Where did I say about 4 doors mate? I said the Accord is family car because thats what its classed as by everyone. Look properly before you go quoting

JRC
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
you are just close minded * if it has 4 doors its a family car* :eek: well thats not the case!! :) what about v8 supercars there 4 doors or rx8 it has 4 doors, there are plenty of "sports cars" out there with 4 doors,:p i got one that will beat most cars on the road but i dont class it as a family car, ive put over $40g's into it, you just got to open your mind and see the potential in a car for a car, not for how big it is or how many doors its got:thumbsup:

Lol you've just compared an accord with a rotary pwered car with suicide doors and a V8 supecar, that probably shares 0.5% of parts with a normal falcon/commodore.

Perhaps you should think about the logic of what you're saying.

Look at the STOCK performance figures for any accord in Australia ever released and tell me why it should be classed as a sports car, not a family/luxury car.

Look at who they market Accords towards. Do you think it's sports car drivers?

Just becuase you've spent "over $40gs" into it does not make every accord out there a sports car, does it?

Vinnie
10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
^ :thumbsup:

everything about the accord is focussed as a family car so thats wat it was marketed as.

imo, if sum1 wants to go all out and build a really fast one or even jus do sum mild mods, good for them. still doesent change the fact it was not originally built/designed for performance. :)

mikeypoopi3
10-03-2007, 11:17 PM
speak for yourself, i want luxury, space and performance :p

owners of civic's and teg's will never understand, there is just something about the accord that makes you love the things once you have owned one.

BTW a heavier car just means you have an excuse for wanting more power :cool:

hehehe nicely said pete :thumbsup: well in my mind of course the accord is a family car but maybe some guys might just wanna build a HSV contender since honda hasnt really done so in australia. Well i wouldnt diss the accord without owning one before. cause after you have owned one you'll understand that the only thing to complete such a well made car is power.
plus driving an accord would feel more like a man's car then a civic.

RyDC5S
10-03-2007, 11:31 PM
You also have to factor in the market for the Accord, which is in most cases - over thirty, white collar and relatively conservative.

You won't see much bolt-on turbo's, or bolt-on anything with this crowd.

mikeypoopi3
10-03-2007, 11:38 PM
but then i guess thats what modifying is all about hehehe

SiReal
11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
and the fact that most of them are auto and the gearbox is shite ;)

Rico
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
The accord Australia recieved e.g. Honda accord vti/exi (I'm talking pre v6 and Euro) was marketed as a family car, well probably most accords these days are, but say the accord SiR which we never recieved was marketed as a sports family car which does pull pretty well figures.

I got my accord for luxury and space but there are those who want both that and performance and that can be done and those people who say thats stupid well, accord owners could pull the same argument out on them with doing up their civics or integras. Every model of honda has their sports editions, Civic Type R, Integra Tyre R, Accord SiR etc, so why do civic owners and the rest make it their mission to degrade accord owners from turning their cars into what can be classified as a sports car?
If only Australia recieved Accord SiR coupes then talk about accords being family cars would ceast!

Anyways turboing FW cars imo is a waste of money, too many issues AWD and RW wouldn't have

12-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Another Boosted CD5 here :wave:

tct
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
another boosted h22a cd5 on the build

mikeypoopi3
13-03-2007, 01:41 PM
if only you guys could get together..........:p

hahaha

Zdster
13-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Anyways turboing FW cars imo is a waste of money, too many issues AWD and RW wouldn't have

There are lots of front wheel drive turboed cars out there without issues. Can you please identify what sort of things you are referring to as I am curious?

EuroDude
13-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Accord = Family Car

lol well the normal Accord is a family car, and I wouldnt buy one since its too conservative and shares the same market as the Camry.
The Euro is not really in the same "Accord" category, since it looks and handles more sporty and can be considered a Prelude replacement. In fact Honda should drop the "Accord" naming and just call it a "Honda Euro" :p

Rico
13-03-2007, 03:12 PM
There are lots of front wheel drive turboed cars out there without issues. Can you please identify what sort of things you are referring to as I am curious?

im mainly referring to traction and its relative on how large the turbo and what boost its running. example// aka I saw a civic in a magazine not long ago and it had something like 315whp and the guy was talking about how he wheel spins in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so forth. What's the point of having all that power if your car can't handle it? Dyno brags are just stupid if your cars design cant sustain the power your engine is pullin.

Pumped
13-03-2007, 03:17 PM
:p lots of turbo cars will spin "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th"

even my cousins Stock 06 M5 can loose traction at 130km/h with traction control off

But i do agree to an extent Turboing a FWD car is less productive then using a RWD but however not exactly pointless :p

if you look at it like that why turbo any car :)

Rico
13-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I'll correct myself, I never meant pointless, my arrgument was aimed at appling ridiculously large amounts of boost to a fwd car. Maybe I went offtopic...lol anyways Reasonable amounts like my friends ek whos running around 6psi works well.

Pumped
13-03-2007, 03:25 PM
yea i agree :)

Why waste money having big power if you cant use it :)

SiReal
13-03-2007, 03:48 PM
hence, if you wanted a sports car, go and buy a blardy sports car will all the technology needed to handle the power.

or else u drive an accord and be merry with cruising, whilst ur mates thank you for the comfort and roomy interior :)

sugz
13-03-2007, 04:10 PM
to add with SiReal comment...

also another advantage that accord owner have over the "sports car" that we can use the back seat for something else, if you know what i mean rofl

Joeyboy
13-03-2007, 04:33 PM
to add with SiReal comment...

also another advantage that accord owner have over the "sports car" that we can use the back seat for something else, if you know what i mean rofl

AMEN to that brotha

Joeyboy
13-03-2007, 04:43 PM
yes my accord is a family car, and its ALWAYS been classified as that ever since it came out (no doubt about that). but i love my family car. i love the shape of it. i love the way it handles. i love its extra space. my friends love it! they love that they can sit in luxury (not all cramped in back seat), while cruising along a pimped-up 4-door family car while listening to maximum bass 3 with bass pumping out of 6 speakers + sub. its great how there's room for anything, including more speakers. (my bro has a 200sx and cant fit rear speakers. my other bro has a celica and cant fit rear 6x9s neither).

i love the fact that there's not alot of pimped-up accords out there. i like to be different. there's still "sumthin" about a honda accord, lowered to the ground, nice big rims, bodykit, boosted.

DreadAngel
13-03-2007, 05:29 PM
lol well the normal Accord is a family car, and I wouldnt buy one since its too conservative and shares the same market as the Camry.
The Euro is not really in the same "Accord" category, since it looks and handles more sporty and can be considered a Prelude replacement. In fact Honda should drop the "Accord" naming and just call it a "Honda Euro" :p

Separatist James you bastard hahaha, I didn't want to mention the Euro, that thing is different kind of beast haha

moreboost
14-03-2007, 05:58 PM
moreboost, go out there and look around, tell me how many Accords are modded and not used as a family car, then compare it to those that are then argue more. The Accord Euro is a sporty FAMILY CAR! The Accord isn't sporty imo, just an upper class family car.

Where did I say about 4 doors mate? I said the Accord is family car because thats what its classed as by everyone. Look properly before you go quoting

ouch """ :D yeah im not saying the accord is a sports car, and im not denying that it is marketed as a family car, im saying how people are close minded about it, all they see is a family car, they dont see potental in them as a performance car. The thread is "Why aren't there much Turob-charged Accords out there?", not "Are accords a sports car".:p

i didnt mean to quote the 4 doors thing i was just saying in general thats what people think!

nothing personal against you, i just didnt think through what to write b4 i did so it sounded like i was having a stab,, i wasnt sorry mate:thumbsup:

moreboost
14-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Lol you've just compared an accord with a rotary pwered car with suicide doors and a V8 supecar, that probably shares 0.5% of parts with a normal falcon/commodore.

whats the engine got to do with it, im talking bout modded family cars, might have been the wrong examples, but i thought youll all get the point.

perhaps you should think about the logic of what you're saying.

Look at the STOCK performance figures for any accord in Australia ever released and tell me why it should be classed as a sports car, not a family/luxury car.

Look at who they market Accords towards. Do you think it's sports car drivers?

i never said it is a sports car and never said it should be one , we are talking bout why accords arnt the car of choice for modders, and i was trying to explain that its because its a family car!

Just becuase you've spent "over $40gs" into it does not make every accord out there a sports car, does it?

once again i never said every accord is a sports car because mine is modded:thumbsup:

16-03-2007, 02:21 PM
once again i never said every accord is a sports car because mine is modded:thumbsup:

think about Bently.. COntinental GT 4 doors :p they goes like the Coupe but now its 4 doors its family car with sporty feeling from the sister (coupe) hahaha

So our accord should be more like prelude sister :p goes fast but 4 doors ;)

moreboost
16-03-2007, 08:41 PM
f:zip: n oath, amen

Vinnie
16-03-2007, 09:02 PM
lmao at compo between honda and bentley. :D

and accord and fast... ;)

h22a accord
17-03-2007, 11:33 AM
my accord is sporty. just a quick down the quarter mile as a focus xr5, hsv vxr or a mazda 3 mps but for a quarter of the price.. and it aint a family car because i dont have kids.

18-03-2007, 05:12 PM
lmao at compo between honda and bentley. :D

and accord and fast... ;)

the only 1 i can think of at that time ROFL :cool:
YEW!! i dont have kids too .. :wave: and single thats means all seats are gone Except mine :p hahahahaha ... :rolleyes:*I wish*

misterpoh
19-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering, how come there has not been much turbo accords out there... I've seen a few Turbo(ed) Civics but not Accords - why is this?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/av-194.gif

Didnt you have a super-charged accord? Correct me if im wrong