PDA

View Full Version : Damn door latch

garett
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
hey guys i have a DA
and a stupid door handle it works fine from the inside of the car, cant complain at all
but from the outside when opening it you open the handle all the way and still doesnt open, then with it fully open you yank the door and it opens so i guess it means its the outside latch mechanism so i pulled the door trim off and had a look from the inside and everything seems to be functioning ok but still is very hard to open from the outside.

anyone had this before> any thoughts

cheers

Q_ball
07-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Is it making the usual click when you lift the doorhandle?

Jst to elaborate a bit, when you pull the doorhandle up from the outside, the door doesnt pop open like it should yeh?

garett
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Is it making the usual click when you lift the doorhandle?

Jst to elaborate a bit, when you pull the doorhandle up from the outside, the door doesnt pop open like it should yeh?

thats right it doesnt make the click or pop open. once i have it all the way up if you just yank the door it opens though, i guess it feels like you are trying to open a door thats locked but its unlocked, just need to give it the extra yank.

yank yank yank

sml-089
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
i heard on g2ic.com that its usually the latch thats connected to the frame of the chassis thats the problem. as they get older they get loose and move around. so the solution could be to loosen the 2 screws on it and move it around until the door operates properly

garett
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
do you mean the door latch from the inside. meaning the part which hangs onto the hook when you close the door and in located on the door jam part of the door?

sml-089
11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
yep thats it

garett
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
nah i dont think its that cos when your inside the car its easy to open using the inside door lever. only the outside one is retarded.