PDA

View Full Version : Removing sunroof from ED9??

crx51
07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Gday guys, i found a spot of rust in my sunroof so i decided to replace the whole surround from the sunroof with brand new parts. I have taken delivery but have no idea how to get the sunroof off and everything. Is it hard to do? And is it easy to get back on or is there a chance i could stuff up its alignment and have it not close properly anymore?

DA9B18C
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
hey, i took the sunroof out of a 98 vtir integra and its dead simple u just need an extra set of hands when u finally un bolt it.
first take off all the door pillar plastic anything that touches the inner roof lining, then there should be a little plastic nut in the middle of the inner roof linning, remove it and then take out the roof linning. then just simply unbolt the screws at each corner of the SR and unplug all the drain pipes. the SR is very heavy so u need someone to catch it when it comes down.
easy, just be careful not to wreck ure roof linning, its rare to find a linning in a spares warehouse.
good luck:thumbsup:

Bayani
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
PANEL ONLY: Open the sunroof, at the back are a few bolts, you'll need to undo these ;)

I think two each side ^^;

If any alignment issues, you'll be able to adjust these, but there shouldn't be.

How much was the Panel?

crx51
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
DA9B18C Thanks mate for the info. Really helpful thanks mate.
Bayani - It wasnt the panel that you see from the top. It was the frame that runs around the perimeter of the whole sunroof that all your rubber surrounds etc join to. For all four i think it was 107dollars or something?? I got the frame plus new accelerator clutch and brake pedal rubbers for 135...

Bayani
07-03-2007, 08:01 PM
oooo... new rubbers.. OEM?
Hmm... Interesting..