PDA

View Full Version : flywheel-which one??

cvetko111
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
What kind of flywheel do you have on your cars? Good things, bad things of that flywheel? Have you change the clutch with that flywheel?? Your opinion, and how much money??? ( I will go for the comptech, but comptech is closing now, so I want some other options ) Thanx :)

curik
07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
We will have to let those who have changed their flywheels like TypeG to answer the goods and bads. How much money? About 1k for both clutch and flywheel. Other options are TODA and SPOON. Btw I got a catalogue from HK,

Exedy hyper single clutch set for CL7 : HK$5300 or slightly less than AU$ 900.

TODA flywheel (3.78 / 4.55 kg) : HK$2680 or AU$ 450

cvetko111
09-03-2007, 04:36 PM
We will have to let those who have changed their flywheels like TypeG to answer the goods and bads. How much money? About 1k for both clutch and flywheel. Other options are TODA and SPOON. Btw I got a catalogue from HK,

Exedy hyper single clutch set for CL7 : HK$5300 or slightly less than AU$ 900.

TODA flywheel (3.78 / 4.55 kg) : HK$2680 or AU$ 450

Thanx fo the ansver. Is anybody on this forum who actually have flywheel in the car ?? I think I will go for the TODA!

Chris_F
09-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I have a 4.7kg flywheel in my car and honestly I wouldn't want to go much lighter than that.

It already makes the car a bit more jerky to drive especially in lower gears.

If you don't mind that though just go for the lighter one.

TypeG
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
well i got ORC clutch+flywheel. it feels the car run like stock now. it just takes time to get use to. i will go toda as well but by the time and money you going to install that, why not change the clutch as well since you are going to pay same amount of money to install a flywheel or clutch+flywheel

BraXta
11-03-2007, 01:13 AM
not so sound dumb but what benifits come from the lighter flywheel ??

h1coupe
11-03-2007, 04:16 AM
any weight saving on the drivetrain equates to more power you can get to the ground. lighter flywheel, lighter wheels, lighter lug nuts, lighter brakes, lighter tires are some of the things you can do to lighten up the drivetrain and therefor you can get the power that´s all ready available in the engine to the ground (it does not give you extra power just let´s you use the power you´ve got)