PDA

View Full Version : Fujita CAI VS Injen CAI (for dc2) - or other?

TheSaint
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi,

I have a dc2 vti-r, it currently has an apexi pod on it with original plastic arm into intake manifold... its falling apart and i am noticing losses in response and smoothness in acceleration. It is a good filter and it does produce a nice sound =) but i think i need to get a new one for the health of my motor

i was looking at either the Injen or Fujita intake systems, they both look similar and are similar in price, the pod on the Fujita looks like a better design, does anyone have any experience with these systems?

shebangs
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I seriously love my Injen. Sound is good, no issues it water/thunderstorm and it definately doesnt effect performance! Don't expect noticable gains on it without ECU tune.

Can't comment on the Fujita though. Injen is one of the top intake brands for a reason though.

kn1ghtm4r3
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
i think their pretty much the same =9
but i do recall reading somewhere that the fujita sri is one of the best ones out there in terms of gains and injen for cai ( i dont have dynos do back it up though. i just remember reading it =P )

and in terms of cai id go for injen personally. =) which i did. sounds awesome and yeah i feel a noticeable diff, not crazy 10kw + ahahah.

haiz
07-03-2007, 08:12 PM
No difference between the two, both were an initial company which split and hence now have made their own brands (so ive heard). both are dyno proven etc, etc

ive also got the INJEN cai, which im happy with. IMO i really doubt there is going to be a difference

TECDUP
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
sorry to hijack a little but how would the AEM V2 cai compare with both the Injen and Fujita.

I also have a dc2 vtir and am looking for cai and hard try to choose between the three. AEM looks hot in black, but i havnt heard much about it

TheSaint
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
the pod design on the fujita looks better imo

it has the intake cone, wer the injen pod is just a plastic plate... only thing leaning me towards the fujita one...

_CiVIC_
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
sounds like you've already made your mind up dude.. Go the Fujita!

TheSaint
07-03-2007, 10:17 PM
does anyone have any technical information regarding these...

is there any other intake to consider?

TECDUP
07-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Aem???

JRC
07-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I had an AEM V2 with toda headers and an apexi gt-spec catback.......lost some down low...but really picked it up at high revs.

I prefer the AEM but the V2 is an ass to get in Aus so maybe the V2

TECDUP
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-V2-Intake-94-01-Acura-Integra-GS-R-GSR-VTEC-MT-ONLY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ009QQite mZ190088708086QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

If you dont trust eBay, pay the bit extra and get it from egSi (underground imports). Has said can get it by order

Would like to know if anyone can give a comparison between the 3 (AEM-Fujita-INJEN) or is this more of a personal opinion because they are all going to be the same?

JRC
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-V2-Intake-94-01-Acura-Integra-GS-R-GSR-VTEC-MT-ONLY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ009QQite mZ190088708086QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

If you dont trust eBay, pay the bit extra and get it from egSi (underground imports). Has said can get it by order

Would like to know if anyone can give a comparison between the 3 (AEM-Fujita-INJEN) or is this more of a personal opinion because they are all going to be the same?

To be honest through personal experience, it is a lot better letting someone else bring it in and then buy it off them here.

You might pay slightly more but there is a lot less risk and customs could hammer you if the item is worth enough.....

You can buy anything from Ebay in the states but you risk alot of problems that way..

BTW heres a pic of the V2 in my engine bay

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c86/jc6784/Net5.jpg

preludacris
07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
v2's rock man

they have a different induction growl aswell. a lil bit bassy but more raawww.

the gain was very decent from about 3.5k upwards

JRC
07-03-2007, 11:58 PM
yea they sound crazy on 100% throttle from about 4k rom till vtec kicks then my exhaust would get way too loud to hear anything else lol...

TheSaint
08-03-2007, 01:54 AM
lol

i have had a K+N on my civic and i hated it... too much of a belting noise rather than a smooth deep growl

the apexi pod that is on my integra now puts out a nice smooth semi-deep purr

what do the injen/fujita ones sound like?

deg00k
08-03-2007, 04:14 AM
i was just wondering... how about the simota CAI??? is dat ne good

Kazaf
08-03-2007, 07:23 AM
i was just wondering... how about the simota CAI??? is dat ne good

I think they stopped production.

TheSaint
12-03-2007, 09:18 AM
opinions: shiney black or shiney chrome piping? for dc2?

sydteg21
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
hey man ,AEM type r Cold air intake FTW, 3" inches piping one

EG5
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Injen its 3 inch piping too for dc2R

G_Vtec
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Its pretty easy and just as effective to do a custom intake for dc2. Over the weekend, i took the front bar off and remove the stock resonator completely. pop by supercheap to get a $20 3in flex hose and route it from just in front of the radiator to the bottom of the stock snorkel. It works fantastic coupled with my K&N replacement filter. Car is breathing so much better now and the response + noise is estastic. Best part about this is that my engine bay still looks completely stock :thumbsup:

arron
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
hey G_Vtec,

do you still have your filter still in a box or open? Mainly becoz I did a homejob intake as well, yet with the airbox on, i still cant hear much... but with the box off, it makes a great sound but kinda defies the whole point of an intake as it's just sucking hot air from the engine bay...

G_Vtec
13-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi Arron,

you are right about keeping the box closed. The plastic box is not condusive to heat and 'protects' the filter from the extreme hot air from the engine bay. Everything looks stock when i pop the bonnet and even the flex hose i used is black to keep it as stealth as possible :) IMO, performance preceeds sound so it doesn't really matter to me if i hear the suction or not.

p.s. point given for runing DIY intake :thumbsup: my entire custom CAI setup cost me less than $150 :angel:

1900-hustler
13-03-2007, 08:14 AM
i did the same kinda thing as g-vtec - i ripped out the air box resonator and got some flexi piping from supercheap and placed it behind the bumper indicator =) - fun DIY + learn more about your car etc

definately can feel a more responsive accelerator esp on colder nights hahaha probably not much of a gain in terms of power or torque but definately a good cheap upgrade hoho

votek
14-03-2007, 10:53 PM
are these kits the same for the DC2R because we have the ABS thing on the left...