PDA

View Full Version : Problem with alarm

Bubu
20-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Has anyone experience not being able to start the car due to the alarm immobilising it. I have a Steal Stopper alarm unit in my car at the moment, and wondering whether anyone knows how to reset the unit?

Will reseting it solve the problem? Anyone has any ideas as to why the alarm is doing this?

It was working fine and after one whole day of not driving it won't start... It's not the battery cause all the electricals work...

I found that before on cold days when i try to start the car the alarm would try to go off but won't???

ECU-MAN
22-06-2004, 09:08 PM
what type of car do you have and also what happens when you try to start it. with the key set to IGN do all the dash light come on, can you hear the main PGMFI relay cut in and prim the fuel Pump. I dont know shit about the steal stopper but in most cases they cut the IGN wire and connect it to a internal or external relay controlled by the steal stopper. most cheap imob and alarms use cheap relays as the Imobiliser relay and they burn out.

Bubu
23-06-2004, 05:29 PM
found out the problem was the battery... it was only producing 11.5V so i guess it had enough power for the electricals but the alarm registered the drop in voltage and immobilised the car...

jump started the car and it's working fine now...

might need new batteries soon...

anyways thanks for your reply...

ECU-MAN
23-06-2004, 10:19 PM
cool.. glad its going