PDA

View Full Version : removing s2000 cluster

siik
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the s2000 cluster?

I've popped out the 2 covers at the top and removed the 2 screws. Taken the steering column apart. Uncliped most of the plastic around the aircon side and the audio side, but it seems to be stuck somewhere around the bottom and the wiper arms and the signal arms seem to be blocking it?

Has anyone removed the cluster before and does the steering wheel have to be removed or anything?

Been searching everywhere haven't been able to find anything yet :confused:

Cheers all

chicken8
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
steering wheel has to be removed as the cluster wont fit thru the wheel and wont come out from around the wheel

chicken8
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.qube-engineering.com/audiocontrol/docs/Qube's_Audio_Control_Instructions_Part_1.pdf

chicken8
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
To take out the gauge cluster:

1. Remove the two black caps and screws from the top of the gauge bezel. You should notice it, its the two things right in front of the gauge cluster on the top.

2. Drop the steering wheel. First, just under the back of the steering wheel is the little cover thing, that also goes around the ignition hole. Take out the three screws in there and remove the cover.

3. Under the dash, if you look up there are two mounting points for the steering column. One is where you just took off the cover, the other is on top of the plastic kick panel. Loosen the nuts (12mm I believe) on both of them to drop the steering wheel.

3. Wrestle the bezel out of there. Be sure the disconnect the wiring harnesses for the audio, cruise and climate controls, defrost if you have.

4. Once the bezel is gone, the gauge cluster is screwed in place by 4 small screws, if i remember correctly.

hope that helps also

siik
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
just what i was after! cheers chicken8!

will give it a go after work today :)

BRU51N
09-03-2007, 10:12 AM
are u sure u wanna do that? isnt it risky to remove steering wheels because your airbags can deploy if some electricals cross?

siik
09-03-2007, 01:21 PM
just got it all done yesterday arvo.. all went well.. just loosened the 2 rear nuts and the steering wheel dropped. allowing me to take out the cluster

cheers