PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Problem 94 Accord Vti

Fo55il
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi all,
aN issue just arose wid my car, Wen u turn they key 3times my car starts but wen it comes back in position it turns off - They car wont stay on - What could be the problem.

Eg. Turn once, turn 2 times for air con etc, then 3rd time car starts but wen u let the key go, the car turns off and the key comes back to the 2nd turn.

Please Help !!!

thanks

ECU-MAN
08-03-2007, 09:12 PM
hi
your ignition switch is faulty

this is what you have to do to fix it

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32333

the above link is for prelude,
accord is the same, just doesnt have the loom in the switch.

destrukshn
08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
yups, for a temp fix, find you accesories, wire, bridge it over to the ON wire.

Fo55il
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanx Pplz - Ima try these out ASAP !!!!

02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi all,
aN issue just arose wid my car, Wen u turn they key 3times my car starts but wen it comes back in position it turns off - They car wont stay on - What could be the problem.

Eg. Turn once, turn 2 times for air con etc, then 3rd time car starts but wen u let the key go, the car turns off and the key comes back to the 2nd turn.

Please Help !!!

thanks

I had the same problem with you.

Its the Ignition switch that broken... usualy by age ...
every time u turn on the engine, it alwasy shut it self off... and you have to hold the key if you wanna get the engine running? am i right?

thats is 1 of the problem on ACCORD!!! as honda made a recall few years ago. for this problem .. if not mistaken (as told by the honda service center)

you dont need to buy the whole thing as ECU-MAN was saying..

it's cost $45 i think... on honda dealer. dont buy whreckers ... get a new one. just go to honda service center they will know what to get for you :p

Fo55il
02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah thanks bro - dat was exactly what was wrong !!!!
Well I got it fixed from my mechanic - and he changed the whole loom to the computer just incase n it costed me bout 300 - Ye i kno what your thinkin but im just happy to be drivin again !!!!

thread Close plz