PDA

View Full Version : Need help with springs

akusuma
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey,

I am thinking of buying a set of aftermarket springs to substitute my stock eg 95 sedan. Any brand recommendations? the car is used for daily driving so I prefer comfort more. The main purpose for lowering is just for cosmetic but not too low. I have read some about king springs, kmac, eibach pro kit, mugen, whiteline, what is the best buy for you in my situation?

Eibach is more expensive compared to king, but is it worth the extra bucks for me? I have seen whiteline, mugen, and probably spoon springs, but couldnt find any review on them, are they any good? How do they compare to Eibach?

Any advice is needed.

Thanks

Zilli
10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
if u want the look and not at the expense of comfort then get some progressive rate king springs. The nature of these springs is to provide a few coils that are not as tightly wound as the main part of the entire spring. So basically it gives you a bit of softness and comfort in normal driving, but when your pushing it it will firm up

This sounds like what you need

akusuma
10-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Sorry bout this, but when you said progressive rate king springs, are they same as the king springs low on the market or they are different type? How much should I be looking for those?

How does it compare to other brands?

thank you

nugget1
10-03-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61245%22

I want to do pretty much the same as you, Have a good search here's a start.

teg94
11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
don't get king springs. i had super lows and i ended up selling them a month later, because it was way too soft but the height was good. king springs are very cheap but they are probably not what ur after. i reckon go for whitelines or koni.

gbang007
11-03-2007, 02:01 PM
hi,
well i got my ek1 lowered a couple of months ago.....i was thinking of exactly the same things you guys were when doing it. I am running a Koni Yellow + Eibach Pro setup thanks to Tav(Egsi).....all i can say is that it i worth every cent. Im not sure if you are planning on getting new shockies or not but Eibach is the way to go.
There are two types of eibach springs, pro kit and sportsline and here is some info about each.

prokit:
- Black coloured springs
- Drop of approx. 1.0"-1.5"
- good for the everyday streetcar.

sportline:
- Red coloured springs
- Drop of approx 1.7"-2.3"
- Firmer spring rate
- Still good for everyday street car, but more ideal for tracking.

I have the konis on the lowest setting with the pro kit and they are still really comfortable ride, pretty much the same as when i had my stock springs on. They are pricey but worth every cent, with Kings, i havent used them before but from what I hear, they aren't the best. But its upto you mate, you pretty much get what you pay for. But IMO, Eibach by far.If you want pics of how low my car goes with the Pro kit, PM me. If you also decide to stay with stock shockies, it will decrease the life of them as they are not built to be matched with aftermarket springs. But its up to you........hope this has helped, PM if you want more info. Good luck mate......

akusuma
11-03-2007, 03:27 PM
thanks guys,

I will try to get eibach prokit for me. Do you have any ideas how long is the lifespan for shock? and springs? As far as I know, springs can last very long possibly with the lifespan of the car, but shocks are only a few years? is that right?

d15z1SUX
11-03-2007, 03:58 PM
ive got king super lows on my civic. i reckon they are quite comfy. i would have prefered something stiffer but thats just me. the ride height is sensible i guess. the back tyre is just sitting at the guard or slightly tucked. the front tyre has about 1 finger space between the guard. im getting some koni shocks to go with it but i think i will get some more performance orientated springs next time as i find the kings are too soft. but they are good for everyday cruising i guess.

DreadAngel
11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Before my coilover setup, I was running Koni Yellow Shocks and KG/mm Sports DR Proceed or Racing Formula forgot which ones but I'm telling you this setup is spot on :D Its can be smooth or can be racey :)

You can ask others that have driven my car and had this setup before. Its brillant :D

gbang007
11-03-2007, 09:13 PM
thanks guys,

I will try to get eibach prokit for me. Do you have any ideas how long is the lifespan for shock? and springs? As far as I know, springs can last very long possibly with the lifespan of the car, but shocks are only a few years? is that right?

im not sure how long shock stockies last but if you are getting aftermarket springs with the shockies, it will decrease the life of the shock. Springs can last a fair while, people i know have used their springs for in excess of 200,000kms....just all depends, every car and driver is different.

akusuma
12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
thanks for the input guys