PDA

View Full Version : Braided Brake lines - Need help asap

crx51
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey guys, im trying to tee up my full brake kit to be fitted by end next week. Hopefully can order endless pads soon. Rotors on way. I really really want braided lines and i cant find them anywhere.

Can someone please tell me where to get good braided brake lines from for my ed9 crx??? Im in brissie, is there anyone that actually gets them??

If i cant get them in aus i guess will have to get some from america or something, they have goodrich lines for their si model crx with four wheel discs. My question is if i get those lines from america (id rather get them here if i can) will the lines made for their crx fit my car???

Your help would be greatly appreciated
scott

slothlike
12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
contact www.maltech.com.au they will custom make and post anywhere. You may need to supply a VIN for them to find the correct fittings.

I got some for my ignis sport last year and cant be happier.I paid $320 for all four corners.

Slow96GSR
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Summit racing or any shop can get you a set from Russell for $130.00AUD + S&H.

crx51
13-03-2007, 09:30 PM
contact www.maltech.com.au they will custom make and post anywhere. You may need to supply a VIN for them to find the correct fittings.

I got some for my ignis sport last year and cant be happier.I paid $320 for all four corners.

Thanks mate i have sent them an email.

Slow96GSR - mate can you give an example of ONE of those shops? The only shops i can find that stock them are online shops based out of the USA and they are 130USD + shipping.

mku01
13-03-2007, 09:56 PM
hey man ask Edward from Max-Hondapower.
he's got aeroquip ones http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58923
see if he can source crx ones for u

Steer^Gimic
14-03-2007, 02:32 PM
ABS will make them for you, in different colour braids if you want wank factor, and new ends and fittings for around $70. Took not even half a day as well

crx51
14-03-2007, 02:47 PM
mku01 - thanks for the help mate, i should have specified, i want them to be ADR compliant and those ones arent. Thanks anyway mate.

Steer^Gimic are you joking, i called ABS before i called anyone else and i asked them and they answered with a definitely not for braided lines. Maybe its just brissie d/heads. Oh well will try another ABS store i guess.

Its becoming quite annoying i wouldnt think it would be this bloody difficult to locate. Ive got a few shipping quotes coming back to me from the US to get some russel or neuspeed ones from over there. Would be good to be able to buy in my own country though. Oh well...

Eclipsor
14-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Give egsi a yell. He's getting some locally made, adr compliant ones going. You might need to supply some measurements or pick up some screwed ones from a wrecker and drop them off to him. If all else fails he can give you a quote on the Russell etc