PDA

View Full Version : 94 civic HATCH - clutch just suddenly went lower to the ground, now its not working..

mercury
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
on friday i noticed the clutched went lower. Its monday now and its totally on the floor. Is a 94 civic cable or hydrolic? Could it be possible that the clip that golds the cable just fell off?

I was driving it on saturday and sunday with the clutch really low. I actually thought it felt better.

NRMA is coming now to have a look.

Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Duesta
12-03-2007, 07:53 AM
does it feel pretty loose?
could be the clutch master cylinder

Menzy
12-03-2007, 07:59 AM
check your fluids - reservoir top left corner i believe same thing happened to me, and all of it leaked out and refill and tighten the valve and away you go, you also might want to get all the air out of it to get it back the way it was.

Hope this helps ya

mercury
12-03-2007, 08:17 AM
check your fluids - reservoir top left corner i believe same thing happened to me, and all of it leaked out and refill and tighten the valve and away you go, you also might want to get all the air out of it to get it back the way it was.

Hope this helps ya

the fluid has leaked. Not sure exactly where it is as the NRMA guy did it. He said the hydrolic part needs to be looked at " i pressed on this part and the fluid is leaking". Could this be just a simple tighten?

Hopefully it doesnt cost too much, as i got a qoute for $159 for the salve cylinder and $258 the for the master cylinder. Does this sound about right?

he also said he could fill the fluids up now but it will only last me a few Kms so i might as well get it towed.

Cheers

destrukshn
12-03-2007, 08:27 AM
no
pass me your vin number and i'll see what i can do.
cheers

mercury
12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
no
pass me your vin number and i'll see what i can do.
cheers

hehe is this like a new joke thing going around ozhonda in the technical section ? :D

destrukshn
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
don't trust me fine.
don't care not my car.
lol.

bennjamin
12-03-2007, 04:22 PM
BTW mercury , since your car is a EG civic it is hydraulic. the reservoir houses the fluid :)
Pm destrukshn - he can source OEM honda bits you fool.

Also - the fluid could of leaked from the clutch master cylinder ( located on the firewall) or the slave cylinder (located on the gearbox)

VTi_b0i
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
LOL same thing happend to me yesterday! i checked and the fluid is really low... so ima buy some 2nyt and see how it goes..

bigjo5
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
hehe is this like a new joke thing going around ozhonda in the technical section ? :D

u stupid boy.. just lost ur chances of getting good free help!. lol..

mercury
12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
lol oops

sorry didnt mean it like that, just havnt been on the forum in a while. U know how sometimes a joke get overused and eventually everyone gets it. I thought this is one of those times. Apprently not!

:D

Benson
12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
sounds like u need a new master or slave cylinder...

i have one here if u need one

aimre
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
i got a oem master for $60 from destrukshn (thanks)

I posted up a thread on how to change it in the diy section. not to hard, and you save some coin

VTi_b0i
13-03-2007, 07:45 AM
awsome... thinks ill have to get one too... as i put more fluid in and it has only improved a tiny bit...

NeRV
13-03-2007, 08:37 AM
lol this happened to me awhile ago, was driving and the clutch wouldnt come back out, luckily barefoot and riceball passed by and helped me.

VTi_b0i
13-03-2007, 09:01 AM
and what was the problem?

mercury
15-03-2007, 09:35 PM
all fixed, they changed master and slave cylinder. $417 total. including labour.

destrukshn
15-03-2007, 09:41 PM
jeebus, that's exxxy.
should shop around more next time dude.
lol.
or give me a pm and i'll hook you up.

mercury
15-03-2007, 10:12 PM
i know aye!

shit

but i had work the following day so it had to be fixed.

next time i will defaintely search your nickname first.

Do you own a workshop? I need to get a few things done.

destrukshn
16-03-2007, 07:25 AM
i know aye!

shit

but i had work the following day so it had to be fixed.

next time i will defaintely search your nickname first.

Do you own a workshop? I need to get a few things done.
no i don't but i know a mechanic, that's a honda technician, does things cheap, and get cheap gen hon parts.