PDA

View Full Version : wierd power window issue

[XsCaPe]
12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
hey all

im having a wierd power window issue on my 94 EG VTi sedan. if anybody knows where i need to start looking, i would be grateful.

the drivers side window has been playing up.. it goes UP all the time, but takes a few goes to get the window to go DOWN.. as of yesterday, i cant get the window to go down at all, but it can still go up (you can hear the motor push it up).

i took off the door trim, looks like all the wires are in tact. has anybody had this issue before?

kazam
12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
hay man, i got exactly the same car, with basically the same problem, but not as bad as yours, my drivers side window at first would take maybe 4 or 5 more seconds than passenger window to go UP, but would basically go down fine, got my electrician to have a look, and he said the main problem could be because of the age, the motor could be running out of energy, and so we just "lubed" it up it goes a lot better now, it still sounds as though the motor is struggling to lift the window but it gets the job done. although your having the opposite problem, i still think the cause could be the same (ageing motor)

EuroDude
12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
1) The rubber channels could be seizing/moving when its going down. Buy some Graphite Powder to grease up the window channels.

2) The switch could be faulty or oxidized. remove and clean it, check it with a multimeter.

aaronng
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
;1098041']hey all

im having a wierd power window issue on my 94 EG VTi sedan. if anybody knows where i need to start looking, i would be grateful.

the drivers side window has been playing up.. it goes UP all the time, but takes a few goes to get the window to go DOWN.. as of yesterday, i cant get the window to go down at all, but it can still go up (you can hear the motor push it up).

i took off the door trim, looks like all the wires are in tact. has anybody had this issue before?

Do you hear the motor running when you try to get the window to go down (but it doesn't go down)? If you can't hear the motor, it's most probably the switch.

Kazaf
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
It could most probably be the rubber as EuroDude said, having this issue on my DC2R too.
Though mine is actually moving up and down with the window.
Need to glue it back on.

bennjamin
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
i think it might be the connections of the switch ( the actual up/down switch).
You can take it out and see - use a small screwdriver to take the door handle/window module - underneath there is a wiring loom attached.
Unclip it , and use a small phillips head screwdriver to take off the attachment.this should get you access to the switch itself , and pull back the rubber grommet and the switch should "click"off. Underneath will be 2 small V shaped metal prongs you can clean the contacts off...

[XsCaPe]
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
thanks guys

bennjamin is spot on... tried that earlier, and its the gold metal prong. it needed to be bent back into shape. cheers!