PDA

View Full Version : Opinions to suspension

riruiz_88
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
i am gonna be gettin some new shocks for my eg hatch. gonna be gettin monroe gt gas and i gonna be gettin low king springs. just want some of ur opinions thats all. thanx peeps:wave:

crx51
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Gday mate, i actually spoke to a guy who was head mechanic for 6 race teams in tassie running crx's.. He actually said that i should go monroe gt's for my car. Said they held the road nicer than any combo they had tried... Couldnt be too bad then hey? Obviously these werent mega race teams with huge budgets but he reckons they handled awesome...

riruiz_88
13-03-2007, 02:18 PM
oh thanx man hey, its just that i been hearing that king springs are a bit soft. but then again i want the comfort for everyday driving. im also gonna be changin my sway bar bushes to nolathane.

garett
15-03-2007, 04:03 PM
kings are quite firm

crx51
15-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I think if you already decided on the shocks and springs mate then you should get them on your car and let us know how they go. That mechanic for the race teams though ran the monroe gt with kings on a car and said it was great. I think you'll find you'll be pleased with them after a standard setup mate..

SD_
16-03-2007, 10:04 PM
just did a shock and spring change in my eg, i went with a koni/tien combo, if u got the budget they some beautiful shocks/springs, ive driven a car with kings and its a bit of a different feel but u cant argue with the price, some people love em some hate em, just go with what u can afford

riruiz_88
17-03-2007, 09:56 AM
thanx fellas for your thoughts. i gonna check out some prices for KYB shocks. if they out of my price range then ill go for the Monroe GT's. when i do get my suspension done, ill post some picks before bein lowered and after bein lowered. its gonna cost me bout 800 to 900 for suspension mods. includes shocks (monroe gt's), king low springs, bendix brake pads, and nolathane bushes for sway bars :eek:
thanx boiz:wave:

sleeper
20-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Kings didnt do well for me , bounce too much, but if you prefer them then ok , just giving my 2cents in i guess =] , i heard KMAC do pretty good job.

vertex_s15
23-03-2007, 10:11 PM
kmac custom springs from past experience do the job well, they can make it to suit your needs in custom or check wat they have of the shelf....kyb or konis shocks pretty decent stuff, if u got the coin for full coil over set up, buddy clubs would go down nicely :D