PDA

View Full Version : DC5S - Putting in Factory Xenon

suspicious1
13-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi I have a question...

I am wondering if it is possible to get factory Honda xenon lights (from the Accord Euro Lux or from Honda themselves) fit into my car?

Thanks in advance!
:honda:

bungsai
13-03-2007, 12:12 PM
yes, you would need to do a retrofit and fit the entire Accord Euro Lux Projectors into your existing headlight.

It is far from an easy plug and play job as the bulb sizes are different.

If you have no idea what you are talking about you probably dont want to attempt this conversion.

Alternatively, you can just buy a cheap kit that will plug straight in.

TurBIce
13-03-2007, 01:13 PM
but doing that. u wil most likely be blinding people~

aaronng
13-03-2007, 02:34 PM
but doing that. u wil most likely be blinding people~

Very very true! :thumbsup:

Tofu
13-03-2007, 07:51 PM
i tend to disagree with installing HID kit on the stock reflector lights are blinding.

i still stand firm that the stock Accord Euro HID with projects are so horribly aimed from factory..

just aim your headlights lower when you install an aftermarket HID kit onto your TypeS

aaronng
13-03-2007, 08:07 PM
i tend to disagree with installing HID kit on the stock reflector lights are blinding.

i still stand firm that the stock Accord Euro HID with projects are so horribly aimed from factory..

just aim your headlights lower when you install an aftermarket HID kit onto your TypeS

I've seen HID on an EK. And OMG, the beam goes all the way up to the level of street signs when you are just about 10 meters away from it.

Tofu
13-03-2007, 08:16 PM
well, i did suggest aiming them down a little

underc35a
14-03-2007, 10:39 AM
it is not merely about aiming them lower, it is also about how much useful light your headlights are throwing onto the ground in front of you. It's very simple if your car didn't come with xenons in the first place then do a retrofit, can't afford a retrofit? stick with halogens!

aaronng
14-03-2007, 01:56 PM
well, i did suggest aiming them down a little

It's not an aiming problem. The HID kits have a bright centre and dimmer sides. Even the dim section is enough to blind other drivers. But you have to have the bright centre part lighting up the road and if you aim it down, you get worse performance than halogens and still blinding other drivers. (yellow is less glaring than white or blue)

Tofu
14-03-2007, 05:03 PM
the jdm dc5r headlights are reflectors and HID are standard on them
I know that projectors are a must for a HID kit, but i really don't experience much trouble from on coming traffic with my HID kit at all...

|N|
14-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I've seen HID on an EK. And OMG, the beam goes all the way up to the level of street signs when you are just about 10 meters away from it.

-______-"

CoZZm0
14-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I know that projectors are a must for a HID kit, but i really don't experience much trouble from on coming traffic with my HID kit at all...

You'll find there are HID and Halogen specific reflector parts for the different lighting systems, they don't use the same optics.

aaronng
14-03-2007, 07:27 PM
-______-"

Hi Bao! hhahaha

jimloz
14-03-2007, 08:29 PM

You'll find there are HID and Halogen specific reflector parts for the different lighting systems, they don't use the same optics.

something i want to clear up here: are the JDM HID headlights different to the standard halogen headlights?

I haven't seen the JDM HIDs in person, but from pics they look very similar:

from crsx post http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=11866123&postcount=3

http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=258325&stc=1&d=1165627774

Kyo
14-03-2007, 09:23 PM
From what I gathered for pre-facelift DC5:

JDM DC5R has HID and headlight housing is designed for HID with D2R (Reflector Type HID Bulb)
AUD DC5R has no HID and headlight housing isn't designed for HID (because our TypeR is basically JDM TypeS, a lower model)

So I guess, the headlights are totally different in terms of inner design.

But if you don't care about the legal factor and potential blind other people factor, you can always put aftermarket HID Kit (eg. MTEC or ENON H1, H4 Kit etc.) into our AUD DC5. Also, as ToFu said, if you going put one of those Kit in, please aiming them down a little for the sake of other people.

If you want to do it properly and you got the $$, go for retro-fit. Either way it's still illegal, but i don't care, cos I'm a ricer.

Kyo
14-03-2007, 09:29 PM
But I'm not sure about the new TypeS tho..

Does JDM TypeS has HID?
Do we have the same headlight housing as JDM?

If they do then would our facelifted DC5 is "HID Ready" or am I dreaming?

aaronng
14-03-2007, 09:53 PM
But I'm not sure about the new TypeS tho..

Does JDM TypeS has HID?
Do we have the same headlight housing as JDM?

If they do then would our facelifted DC5 is "HID Ready" or am I dreaming?

Nope, our DC5R/DC5S use either H1 or H4 bulbs. So they are not HID ready. HID ready headlights use D2R or D2S and those sizes come ONLY in HID flavour.

Kyo
14-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Nope, our DC5R/DC5S use either H1 or H4 bulbs. So they are not HID ready. HID ready headlights use D2R or D2S and those sizes come ONLY in HID flavour.

damn!

Tofu
15-03-2007, 12:20 AM

i know there are different things out there...but the JDM DC5R headlight is exactly the same as our DC5 headlights that didn't come with HID.

only the brackets for the bulbs are different.
I'm pretty sure the internal surface are exactly the same.

Tofu
15-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Here's a pic of the jdm DC5R headlight
shows that it's the same design and same reflector configuration as any other OEM DC5 headlight cluster.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259646&d=1167071810

http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259649&d=1167072107