PDA

View Full Version : DC5R exhauste swap...

2002 TeGgY
13-03-2007, 03:14 PM
i have a both a DC5R and DC5 base model. in the base i have a cat back Hi-Tech exhauste and today i took them to the workshop to put the catback on the R and stock R exhauste on the base. after they took both exhausts out they found that they're different, and had to modify them to fit. isn't that wiered? i always thought they're exasctly the same. a lot of ppl who sell aftermarket exhausts reckon it wud fit staight into the R and the base. well apparantly it dosnt!! just thought id share that with yous

Zdster
13-03-2007, 03:25 PM
i have a both a DC5R and DC5 base model. in the base i have a cat back Hi-Tech exhauste and today i took them to the workshop to put the catback on the R and stock R exhauste on the base. after they took both exhausts out they found that they're different, and had to modify them to fit. isn't that wiered? i always thought they're exasctly the same. a lot of ppl who sell aftermarket exhausts reckon it wud fit staight into the R and the base. well apparantly it dosnt!! just thought id share that with yous

Why is that wierd? They have different engines.

2002 TeGgY
13-03-2007, 04:21 PM
its wierd because after market exhausts apparrantly fit both. thats what i've bin told any way

Tofu
13-03-2007, 07:53 PM
that's the way it has always been

if you had looked at www.clubrsx.com then you would have found out that the base and R have different exhaust systems.

unless you change the header, R exhuast won't fit the base.

2002 TeGgY
13-03-2007, 07:58 PM
oh ok. it makes sense i suppose, cause when they had both cars up on the hoysts the cats were different. the DC5R had a bigger cat than the base, and the structure of the DC5R chasis was different to the base as well.

psiwrath
16-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Base and R head exhaust bolt patterns are the same shape however port diameters are larger on the R hence different header manifolds

jacky604
22-03-2007, 11:57 AM
how about i buy mugen exhauste for dc5r it can put into my base dc5???

Zdster
22-03-2007, 12:04 PM
how about i buy mugen exhauste for dc5r it can put into my base dc5???

How about a bit of reading? (three posts up)

that's the way it has always been

if you had looked at www.clubrsx.com (http://www.clubrsx.com/) then you would have found out that the base and R have different exhaust systems.

unless you change the header, R exhuast won't fit the base.