PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Altezza tail light install

dreamshifter
13-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Hiyaz,

I recently purchased a pair of chrome tail lights.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down of how to install the altezza tail lights to my dc5 - any extra tips would be great too. Pics would really help as I know next to nothing.

thanks in advance.

D4rk4n63l
18-03-2007, 10:43 PM
pm me your email, I'll send you some pics, I can't post here.. :)

D4rk4n63l
18-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Remove rear bumper by undo-ing 6 screws and 2 clips. There is one in upper corner of the bumper (where it meets the rear fender) on each side. Also undo 2 screws under that first screw (do this for both sides). Under the license plate mount, there are two plastic clips that you can pry out using a flat-tip screwdriver.

Don't forget to disconnect the license plate light connector and place your bumper on a safe place (better put used rug to protect the corners from hard surface)

open the trunk lid and open the panel behind the tail light and disconnect all connectors

undo four mounting nuts on each tail light assembly and carefully lift out the tail light

install your altezza light and rear bumper in reverse order...

D4rk4n63l
18-03-2007, 11:23 PM
email sent...

dreamshifter
20-03-2007, 07:24 AM
I installed one tail light and tried it out. Turns out the indicators are red :(

Apparently this is illegal(someone confirm plz), so rather than getting pulled over by the fuzz, is there a way I can make it indicators orange?

thanks

JasonGilholme
20-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah. indicators need to be orange.

check the bulb in the new lights (if they are a bulb) and see if its orange or red. You might be able to use the OEM bulb in there if your lucky.

OEM tail lights FTW!

dreamshifter
20-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah. indicators need to be orange.

check the bulb in the new lights (if they are a bulb) and see if its orange or red. You might be able to use the OEM bulb in there if your lucky.

OEM tail lights FTW!

Thanks for your input. The new headlights use and existing bulbs I have, they fit straight on. It is red because of the casing. I think I might try and get a yellow bulb if they sell that...yellow and red makes orange i think/hope.

OEM tail lights already look good, I just wanted something different even if it doesn't appeal to many. (i.e everyone at club rsx lol)

JasonGilholme
20-03-2007, 03:14 PM
HAHA yeah i know what you mean.

and yes yellow and red does make orange.

Good luck.

XP02ED
20-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey dude i actually did this today..
4 screw on the rear boot
i would suggest take the middle plastic thing off at the boot so you got space to bend the inside interior
theres also 2 plugs which you need to take off which is near the side of the car and 1 hidden behind metal piece
Then 2 screws which you need to go under the car (i did) or take the whole bumper off
i would suggest if your a patient person to take the whole bumper off, although it is possible not..
once i get pics ill show it on the gallery section ;D

this took me about 1 hour

dreamshifter
20-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Heya,

I've already done it but thanks heaps though - its the thought that counts :thumbsup:

It'd still be a good idea to take pics and maybe even write a DIY for others in the future. you'll rack up heaps of points w00t.

If you got any other ideas on how to make the red indicators orange then that would be great too.

XP02ED
21-03-2007, 07:15 AM
hahaha just get a orange bulb, i wouldve wrote one but i was in a rush!