PDA

View Full Version : so im new to hondas.

didz
13-03-2007, 07:46 PM
so im looking at the dc5r to buy. never driven a honda before so yeah. anything that constantly needs to be fixed with them? and any good deals going on now? i am looking at one currently, the guy wants 25250 for it. its alright but there are stone chips, needs tires and the rear bar and side skirts need to be slightly fixed (not attached properly :/)
thoughts?

Spunkymonkey
14-03-2007, 07:29 AM
If your not fully happy with it, find another one...You'll know the car you want when you see it :)

TheSaint
14-03-2007, 01:04 PM
hondas are mostly high rev vehicles, vtec helps alot with that, even non vtec hondas hold their revs pretty hard, dont be scared to warm it up and than rev the crap out of it, dont valve bounce tho lol thats silly

if the car doesnt hold its revs very well, be wary of it, i didnt buy my car until i got a good vtec run out of it + was happy with it, the guy who owned it was a little freaked out that he didnt know that it was even capable of doing it lol

RyDC5S
14-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Maintenance wise, being N/A it doesn't need as frequent servicing as turbo-charged vehicles.

Integra's from a driver's perspective, needs to be revved quite a bit to get the best out of it. It's fairly sluggish under 3k rpm.

Anyways jump on the Integra forum - read the stickied posts there to learn more.