PDA

View Full Version : h22a type s replacement for h22a.

Luke Accord
13-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I was thinking of swapping the h22a engine in my accord for a type s h22a. Will the engine swap straight over or does there have to be any modifications. Also what type of power difference is there and would the swap be worth it. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.
Cheers.

Tarks
13-03-2007, 08:38 PM
as far as I know, the jdm type S h22a puts out somewhere like 15-20kw more than the AUDM h22a due to a number of things like the type s intake, headers/exhaust, slightly(?) bigger internals or something along those lines. But to answer ur question unprofessionally, i reakon it should fit

Mr_will
13-03-2007, 08:41 PM
lol bigger internals.

itd most likely just be intake/exhaust stuff, you could try searching for a workshop manual for each engine, thatd probly give you a good idea

Tarks
13-03-2007, 08:42 PM
ok im not a engine nut but i was refering to the tb n wateva else that can b bored out a lil more. also type s cams, type s pistons, etc

Eclipsor
13-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure the type s is 220hp. jdm h22a is 200. Like Tarks said. Different pistons different cams, intake etc. Pretty sure they only came obd2 which would probably be the main problem with swapping. Probably better off just upgrading the current engine with aftermarket internals.

honda_b_blastn
14-03-2007, 01:06 PM
type s H22a where 97-01 i think..so pending what generation accord you have there could be difference's in wiring..but you can swap over your loom onto the type s motor anyways.

Luke Accord
14-03-2007, 04:23 PM
type s H22a where 97-01 i think..so pending what generation accord you have there could be difference's in wiring..but you can swap over your loom onto the type s motor anyways.

It's a 94 accord had the h22a put in from a jdm 94 prelude vtir. Just hoping to pull out the engine and put the new one in to gain some power or would you think that there would be complications?
Cheers mate.

Benson
14-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I will be a direct bolt-on...

barefootbonzai
14-03-2007, 04:50 PM
It's a 94 accord had the h22a put in from a jdm 94 prelude vtir. Just hoping to pull out the engine and put the new one in to gain some power or would you think that there would be complications?
Cheers mate.

nope. don't let noobs tell you strange things. You'll be able to swap your dizzy, injectors, or any other plugs that needed to run the Type S motor. Shouldn't be any complications for someone who knows what they are doing.

kyle
14-03-2007, 05:06 PM
The type S H22 Actually also recieved a factory hand port polish job, just like type R engines.

CUL8R
14-03-2007, 09:57 PM
and the type s used higher domed pistons for a higher CR

Cartoon
22-03-2007, 09:33 PM
seriosuly use the 3k or so it will cost you and upgrade your motor, you can easily make up the power loss with basic bolt ons and a computer (prob more power than type S)
yes it will be a direct swap, all the mounting points ect will be exactly the same as they are physcially the same motor externally

Luke Accord
23-03-2007, 08:24 AM
seriosuly use the 3k or so it will cost you and upgrade your motor, you can easily make up the power loss with basic bolt ons and a computer (prob more power than type S)
yes it will be a direct swap, all the mounting points ect will be exactly the same as they are physcially the same motor externally

What mods would you recomend i've already got a 2.5 inch cat back system, E- manage computer, splitfire leads greddy plugs and cai.

whoosh!
24-03-2007, 08:38 AM
are u gonna put the motor only? or with the gearbox, h22a t-s cums with an lsd box.and get a full exhaust system

Luke Accord
24-03-2007, 10:44 AM
are u gonna put the motor only? or with the gearbox, h22a t-s cums with an lsd box.and get a full exhaust system

Just the motor.

preludacris
24-03-2007, 02:41 PM
dont waste ur time man.

swapping ur current h22a, for a type S h22a with 20hp at the fly more? typeS motors are pretty expensive aswell, and then think of all the labour costs just to remove ur current engine and install the new one.

part of the 20hp gains come from the intake, header and large exhaust diameter stock from factory. so lets say approx 10hp. that means the other 10hp came from the higher cr pistons p&p, and some valve work...

u sed ur car already has a 2.5 zaust. hopefully ur cai is a decent one. just get a decent header, increase the collector size to 2.5 (if not done already) to match ur zaust, hi flow cat, and retune it. u should be making around the same power as a type S anyway.

with the rest of the money u'd save, u could even so some head work on ur current motor.. cams springs retainers, and u'd kill any type S engine in terms of power.

type S swap not worth it imo

fatboyz39
24-03-2007, 02:52 PM
TYPE S motor FTW!

Luke Accord
24-03-2007, 05:18 PM
dont waste ur time man.

swapping ur current h22a, for a type S h22a with 20hp at the fly more? typeS motors are pretty expensive aswell, and then think of all the labour costs just to remove ur current engine and install the new one.

part of the 20hp gains come from the intake, header and large exhaust diameter stock from factory. so lets say approx 10hp. that means the other 10hp came from the higher cr pistons p&p, and some valve work...

u sed ur car already has a 2.5 zaust. hopefully ur cai is a decent one. just get a decent header, increase the collector size to 2.5 (if not done already) to match ur zaust, hi flow cat, and retune it. u should be making around the same power as a type S anyway.

with the rest of the money u'd save, u could even so some head work on ur current motor.. cams springs retainers, and u'd kill any type S engine in terms of power.

type S swap not worth it imo

Thanks for the advice. Thats what i'm starting to think also.

preludacris
25-03-2007, 12:52 AM
np man, gl with it all, and let us know how it goes.

worked h22a for true baller status :P

i wanna work mine hard eventually