PDA

View Full Version : turning key in ignition?

<sloth>
15-03-2007, 04:26 PM
i have a 94 crx.

im having trouble turning th key once its in the ignition?

sort of like when the steering wheel locks and u cant turn the key.
but the only way i can get it to turn is by rolling the car backwards... then sometimes the key will turn...

i can also take the key out while the car is on??is this normal, was told it was bcos of there being no boot release? i find that hard to belive.?

do i just need a new key? the one i have is quite worn...

is this a common problem or am i just a complete idiot???? :confused:

thx for ur time :D

ACTI0NMAN-1
15-03-2007, 04:30 PM
i can also take the key out while the car is on??is this normal, was told it was bcos of there being no boot release? i find that hard to belive.?

how would you turn the car off if you locked the keys in the boot?

bevis90
15-03-2007, 04:39 PM
i think he means not engine on but the power stuff like the radio and stuff.

<sloth>
15-03-2007, 04:54 PM
no, i can take the key out when the engine is on.
i ll have to remember not to lock my keys in the car... or the boot as i only have one key.........

any help?

Dream0b16
15-03-2007, 05:38 PM
sounds like its your key, take your car to a locksmith and like im not sure how they do it but like they look up the code or something for the key and cut a new one, like not just a copy cause other wise u will have the same problem

i had a similar thing on my old accord, the key was really worn only difference was it wouldnt work in any of the locks except the drivers door and ignition, and i could take it out of the ignition when it was going too, just got a new key and it was all good :)

<sloth>
15-03-2007, 06:01 PM
thank man, :thumbsup:
just what i needed to hear. do u no how much$
does any1 no where i can get a honda key?

Dream0b16
15-03-2007, 06:12 PM
um pretty sure its only like 15-20 bucks for a new key, like thats just for a normal key, dunno where u could get a blank honda key from maybe from honda, but it could cost a bit, and not really any different from the key u'll get from a locksmith except it will say honda lol

teaseR
15-03-2007, 07:00 PM
might be the ignition barrel thats f***ed
try putting any other key in to see if it starts

panda[cRx]
15-03-2007, 09:27 PM
get a new key cut then go from there. it's the first step, if you still have a problem then look at other options. in most cases the key will do the trick

<sloth>
16-03-2007, 01:38 AM
cheers guys,
will try any other key, then get one cut.

thanks for the help
will let u no what happens.

thx
paul

:cool: